• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Wild 3/6 8:00 est

You MUST hire a new President and Head of Hockey Ops that can shake this whole thing down and clean it all up. It's a huge job to take on, and it will take time, but Dundon must start fresh with new blood and try like hell to change that culture of complacency.

I hope and suspect that this is Dundon's plan. He will give the current leadership a chance to succeed, and when they fail, he will start over with a new leadership team.

I'm with you, CanadaCanes. I think Dundon needs to kick over the table and start fresh from the top.

PK band-aided management with a former player as GM, surrounded by other former players, once he lost long-time buddy JR as GM (along with his assistant GM son). And Francis has overseen the breaking up with Eric Staal, arranged for a fairly decent restocking of the AHL team, and hired a budget head coach that installed a Bowman-style system of hockey that has had at least some success.

But if Dundon wants his new toy to be upgraded to playoff team level, then it's going to take a big shakeup. Not just in player personnel, but in management, too. This is not something that will be gained by continuous incremental tweaks and bottom-six churning. There needs to be vision and execution. And it needs to be bold.

A President of Hockey Operations, in conjunction with new GM (or keep Francis on for a year, if you must), AND a new coach is the way to go.

Purge the top-six down to the core. Flush the bottom-six entirely (except for Skinner...more on this later). Vet D for the top-four pairings. Trade Faulk. Use some of the depth in Charlotte to help gain assets for the top club. Nothing down there that's top-six worthy and we can't play them all.

But do I expect any of this to happen this off-season? Sadly, no. Think it will take Dundon yet another season before he comes to this conclusion.

Surprise me.

Someone's already measuring Waddell's office for new curtains.

Peters is a nice guy, but hey Bill, there's a taxi waiting.

More torn on the Franchise, because he is the Franchise... but then that's part of the problem isn't it?

I'm with you, CanadaCanes. I think Dundon needs to kick over the table and start fresh from the top.

PK band-aided management with a former player as GM, surrounded by other former players, once he lost long-time buddy JR as GM (along with his assistant GM son). And Francis has overseen the breaking up with Eric Staal, arranged for a fairly decent restocking of the AHL team, and hired a budget head coach that installed a Bowman-style system of hockey that has had at least some success.

But if Dundon wants his new toy to be upgraded to playoff team level, then it's going to take a big shakeup. Not just in player personnel, but in management, too. This is not something that will be gained by continuous incremental tweaks and bottom-six churning. There needs to be vision and execution. And it needs to be bold.

A President of Hockey Operations, in conjunction with new GM (or keep Francis on for a year, if you must), AND a new coach is the way to go.

Purge the top-six down to the core. Flush the bottom-six entirely (except for Skinner...more on this later). Vet D for the top-four pairings. Trade Faulk. Use some of the depth in Charlotte to help gain assets for the top club. Nothing down there that's top-six worthy and we can't play them all.

But do I expect any of this to happen this off-season? Sadly, no. Think it will take Dundon yet another season before he comes to this conclusion.

Surprise me.

Well...he definitely surprised me.

Back