• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Wild 3/6 8:00 est

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Listen you clods, I’m literally typing this at the airport on my way to the ACC Tourney so somebody else is going to have to start these threads between now and Sunday.

That said ... I know nothing about this game other than the fact that it’s happening. Did you miss the part where I’m doing this on my phone in the airport? I assume the Canes will stick with Ward inner in their misguided attempt to chase down a playoff spot. I also assume that human donkey Bill Peters will stick to his lines from the last couple of games despite the fact that they failed miserably under the pressure of playing a decent team last time out. The Wild, alas, are also decent so I do not like Carolina’s chances in this one.

I hate these games.

Staal, is having a good season. He'll probably have a good game tonight. And we get to spend the next two days listening to how much better the Canes would be, etc if he was still here. I hope Ward starts again. The Wild are a drastically better team, and a loss with Darling in net will be 100% his fault even if the Canes get shut out. Im fully on the oard with riding Darling for eveey singlevremaining game. He either sinks or he swims. And I'd love to get several games of the AHL's top scorers to see how they hold up in the NHL2.

I hate these games.

Staal, is having a good season. He'll probably have a good game tonight. And we get to spend the next two days listening to how much better the Canes would be, etc if he was still here. I hope Ward starts again. The Wild are a drastically better team, and a loss with Darling in net will be 100% his fault even if the Canes get shut out. Im fully on the oard with riding Darling for eveey singlevremaining game. He either sinks or he swims. And I'd love to get several games of the AHL's top scorers to see how they hold up in the NHL2.

I get where you are coming from BK by riding Darling to see if he can put anything together to salvage his dreadful season, but as long as this team still thinks they have a chance to make the playoffs I just dont see that happening.

Silly, Silly, Silly ... Ward in Net until the next Back-to-Back in which he loses the Front End.

MIN is fighting for the #3 Playoff Slot in the Central with Dallas. 81 points to 80. With DAL@NSH tonight.

In the East tonight it's MTL@NJD, VGK@CBJ and FLA@TBL

So you want playoffs? I got yer playoffs right heeaa. Good Luck.

Rask has somehow earned promotion off the 4th line

McGinn/Staal/Williams
Aho/Lindholm/Teravainen
Skinner/Rask/PDG
Wallmark/Ryan/Stempniak

Slaviin/Faulk
Hanifin/Pesce
Fleury/TVR

Ward starts in goal.

Rask has somehow earned promotion off the 4th line

McGinn/Staal/Williams
Aho/Lindholm/Teravainen
Skinner/Rask/PDG
Wallmark/Ryan/Stempniak

Slaviin/Faulk
Hanifin/Pesce
Fleury/TVR

Ward starts in goal.

That will last no further than the third period (at the latest) when the fourth line disappears and Ryan/Stempniak are field-promoted to "get Jeff the puck" while Wallmark/Rask/PDG watch from the bench.

Same as it ever was.

We've clearly showed we don't belong anywhere near the playoffs. This team might just be the worst most heart lacking, gutless team. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Fire Francis. Fire Peters. Get rid of Faulk and Skinner and Rask. Heck get rid of them all and bring up Charlotte - I'm sure they'd be better than what these guys are doing out there.

Back