Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126

Thread: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

  1. #1
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Not much to say. We play the Devis tonight. A non descript team playing in Newark.

    We are unbeaten in a real game in seven.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  2. #2
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Lines at the morning skate:

    Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
    Scherbak - Danault - Gallagher
    Byron - de la Rose - A.Shaw
    Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

    Alzner - Juulsen
    Benn - Petry
    Reilly - Valiev

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    This is a near guaranteed loss tonight. And in regulation, thankfully.

  4. #4
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    This is a near guaranteed loss tonight. And in regulation, thankfully.
    That means they will win by 2
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  5. #5
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    67,905
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    3

    empty netter
    ...

  6. #6
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Slight update on the D pairs.

    Alzner - Juulsen
    Reilly - Petry
    Benn - Valiev

  7. #7
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    This is a near guaranteed loss tonight. And in regulation, thankfully.
    we are due for a regulation loss.

    I know it is things just going back to the norm as we likely never were a bottom 3 team in the NHL but we are now 7th from the bottom. I still want us to win when I watch because I can do nothing else. However if management's goal is a better draft pick, and I am not sure it is, then losing the next four on the road would be useful.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  8. #8
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    42,964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    We really need Price back. Our goalies are playing too well.

  9. #9
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    We really need Price back. Our goalies are playing too well.
    they are out performing Price this year, no doubt about it, but of course now they are benefiting from having players on the back end who actually can skate and move the puck. Whereas he had games with Davidson, Schlemko, Benn and Alzner, the present ones are basically only having to deal with two of those four.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    we are due for a regulation loss.

    I know it is things just going back to the norm as we likely never were a bottom 3 team in the NHL but we are now 7th from the bottom. I still want us to win when I watch because I can do nothing else. However if management's goal is a better draft pick, and I am not sure it is, then losing the next four on the road would be useful.
    Probably not but I'm shocked that Ottawa's record is as bad as it is, as they have a lot of high-end players, more than we have.

  11. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    we are due for a regulation loss.

    I know it is things just going back to the norm as we likely never were a bottom 3 team in the NHL but we are now 7th from the bottom. I still want us to win when I watch because I can do nothing else. However if management's goal is a better draft pick, and I am not sure it is, then losing the next four on the road would be useful.
    I think we are 6th from the bottom and I wouldn't give up all hope of us falling, esp. considering how everyone is currently playing. There is lots of parity among the bottom feeders (like Montreal).

    Over the last 10 games EDM, Buffalo and Arizona have outplayed us.

    Ottawa and Vancouver have only lost 1 point to us over the last 10.

    We're still in good shape to potentially finish bottom 5, and with a little luck in the lottery... who knows.

    You might want us to win games for some reason now, but trust me - you'll be happier come draft day if we pick higher. The top 4 in this draft can all be instant game changers.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 03-06-2018 at 02:59 PM.

  12. #12
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Probably not but I'm shocked that Ottawa's record is as bad as it is, as they have a lot of high-end players, more than we have.
    they have a terrible coach
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    they have a terrible coach
    He must be because that team has plenty of talent up front.

  14. #14
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    He must be because that team has plenty of talent up front.
    He is always a failure in year two.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  15. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Ottawa had major goal-tending issues this season.

    http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_...ttawa-senators

  16. #16
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    I think we are 6th from the bottom and I wouldn't give up all hope of us falling, esp. considering how everyone is currently playing. There is lots of parity among the bottom feeders (like Montreal).

    Over the last 10 games EDM, Buffalo and Arizona have outplayed us.

    Ottawa and Vancouver have only lost 1 point to us over the last 10.

    We're still in good shape to potentially finish bottom 5, and with a little luck in the lottery... who knows.

    You might want us to win games for some reason now, but trust me - you'll be happier come draft day if we pick higher. The top 4 in this draft can all be instant game changers.
    Arizona and Buffalo are assured of finishing bottom two, they are too far behind to catch up.

    The teams that have to start winning more are Vancouver, Edm, Det and Ottawa

    I realistically think best case scenario at this point is finishing 4rth last
    Go Habs Go!

  17. #17
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    He must be because that team has plenty of talent up front.
    I look at that roster and the only real talent I would take and insert in our top six ahead of what we have is Stone and Hoffman.

    I have a very low opinion of Matt Duchene and I find him overated
    Go Habs Go!

  18. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Arizona and Buffalo are assured of finishing bottom two, they are too far behind to catch up.

    The teams that have to start winning more are Vancouver, Edm, Det and Ottawa

    I realistically think best case scenario at this point is finishing 4rth last
    I agree for the most part, but Ottawa does have the ability to **** up their spot. You never know really.

  19. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I look at that roster and the only real talent I would take and insert in our top six ahead of what we have is Stone and Hoffman.

    I have a very low opinion of Matt Duchene and I find him overated
    He's overrated, but oddly enough, Duchene has been quite good as a Senator (last 2 months anyway). He's been better than Turris.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 03-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 66, Canadiens at Devils

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    I agree for the most part, but Ottawa does have the ability to **** up their spot. You never know really.
    It all comes down to the schedule and apparently we have a pretty hard one so that's good news
    Go Habs Go!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •