• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

CH - History and Traditions

Gallagher wasn't good that game against Nashville (and neither was Subban).

The issue worm and others are expressing are related to his potential lack of leadership when the tough gets going. He didn't compose himself well there.

With that said -- I have no issue with Gallagher. His fine.

We can move on now.

He shows more leadership when things are going badly than Max does. It's easy to "lead" when you're winning and everyone's happy. Gallagher never ducks the media.

Gallagher might never duck the media, but he still shouldn't be the captain.

The captain should be a top-end talented player that has his teammate's respect (which means he brings it almost every night).....too bad Max doesn't have the character to be that guy

Gallagher is top-end talent as far as this team goes. He has the respect of his teammates, leads by example and always comes correct when the media piper has to be paid after a bad loss. Aside from Weber I can't think of anyone else on this team who could possibly deserve the C more than Gallagher and given all that's happened this year and the fact that he's been a Hab longer, I would put Gallagher in front of Weber.

Gallagher is top-end talent as far as this team goes. He has the respect of his teammates, leads by example and always comes correct when the media piper has to be paid after a bad loss. Aside from Weber I can't think of anyone else on this team who could possibly deserve the C more than Gallagher and given all that's happened this year and the fact that he's been a Hab longer, I would put Gallagher in front of Weber.

Top-end talent is Drouin, Chuckie, Weber, Price, Max......but half of these guys don't have the motivation/work ethic needed to be an example for teammates.

What happens when u make Gallagher captain and his play diminishes in the next 3 years...it's hard for teammates to respect you when you aren't a top player. I think Dustin Brown was the perfect example after his play dipped....they had o make someone else captain

The best option for Captain is Weber....his play should stay elite well past his mid-30's (just compare to guys like Chara).

Top-end talent is Drouin, Chuckie, Weber, Price, Max......but half of these guys don't have the motivation/work ethic needed to be an example for teammates.

What happens when u make Gallagher captain and his play diminishes in the next 3 years...it's hard for teammates to respect you when you aren't a top player. I think Dustin Brown was the perfect example after his play dipped....they had o make someone else captain

The best option for Captain is Weber....his play should stay elite well past his mid-30's (just compare to guys like Chara).

Ya I don't know where we'd be without his 10goals and 33 points for 5.5m a year lol
Drouin isn't top end, he might be on our team, but he's not that visible most nights. Such a garbage trade from a donkey ball sucking GM.

Drouin will be fine (they're all having a lousy year so no point picking on individuals at this point) but he's not captain material any more than Lafleur was. Pierre Turgeon never should have been one either. Let your star players focus on doing what they do and let lesser "ka-RACK-ter" players who don't melt under the glare of the TV cameras wear the letters and speak for the team. The Bruins of the early 70's didn't have Orr or Esposito as their captain. They had an over-the-hill Johnny Bucyk wearing the C and they did just fine.

Ya I don't know where we'd be without his 10goals and 33 points for 5.5m a year lol
Drouin isn't top end, he might be on our team, but he's not that visible most nights. Such a garbage trade from a donkey ball sucking GM.

it isn't like Sergachev is tearing it up anymore either.

He has helped the tank job thats about all his contribution is. Couldnt care less if Sergashev joins the KHL or Isis , you dont trade a top prospect and get this in return.

We got taken behind the barn on this deal . Now its he is playing out of position excuse . Cant even do shit on a pp when he has all the open ice to make things happen .

After a little research, I have found 4 Montreal Canadiens who wore the C when the Captain was out of the line-up for at least a couple of games.

The great Larry Robinson stepped up for Bob Gainey when he went down with an injury.
"He never became Captain on a permanent basis as both he and Gainey retired at the end of the 1988-89 season."

maxresdefault.jpg

Shayne Corson wore the C when Saku Koivu went down in 1999-2000.

corsonweb.jpg

Alexei Kovalev in 2008-2009.

hi-res-84261409_crop_north.0.jpg

And I saved the best for last : Eric Weinrich.

Eric%2BWeinrich%2BJersey%2BCard.jpg.

Gallagher might never duck the media, but he still shouldn't be the captain.

The captain should be a top-end talented player that has his teammate's respect (which means he brings it almost every night).....too bad Max doesn't have the character to be that guy

Gallagher brings it every night, he will score 30 this year after two hand injuries that many (even on here) were saying he was done... let me remind you when Henri Richard was made Captain he was not the best player (high end talent) on the team... the Captain has to have character, Gally has that in spades!

Gallagher brings it every night, he will score 30 this year after two hand injuries that many (even on here) were saying he was done... let me remind you when Henri Richard was made Captain he was not the best player (high end talent) on the team... the Captain has to have character, Gally has that in spades!
Even assuming the captain has to have "character"

Trying hard != character

Even assuming the captain has to have "character"

Trying hard != character

Bob Gainey who was one of the Habs best Captains had character, he wasn't a top notch high talent.. I understand why "millennials" don't understand the term "character" in sports, you were brought up getting golden stars for just showing up... :) .. but it does exist.

Back