• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Season Tickets

Anyone ask their rep what that 'Shoot for your Seats' event is that only full season ticket members are eligible for? I'm guessing they put you at the far blueline and hang a board with a very small puck sized hole on the opposite goal and if you shoot a puck in you get your season tix for free? Is that too nuts to be feasible?

If any STH hits that small hole from the far blueline, you are immediately signed to a one way contract with the Canes and one of Joakim Nordstrom or Derek Ryan is outright released.

The problem is that they started what could be a very bad cycle. A lot of season ticket holders are going to look at what just happened this season and not renew as cheaper tickets seem to be offered for sale by the Canes for a whole heck of a lot of the season. Then what, they are going to keep offering the discounts because season ticket sales were down?

Dundon's take, if you watch the video on the renewal site, appears to be that people want to be close to the players, have more interaction with the players, get to know the players, make a connection with the players and the team. And those opportunities will be there for season ticket members. That's neat, but at least to me that is not worth paying MORE for season tickets than I might otherwise pay per game FROM THE TEAM.

Alas, I'm afraid I'm going to suck it up one more year ...

Oh, how many years have I been saying this now? And yet every year there I am, renewing again saying the same thing about 'next year'. People like me, idiots, are one of the reasons the Canes think they can get away with a lot regarding season ticket holders. We'll renew regardless. I'm sure we aren't the masses but there are enough. I'm not proud of this, since I realize I passed 6 figures dropped supporting this team a few years ago. Absolutely insane.
I really couldn't complain about the undercutting that happened this year, but it did sting a little. The hope was 'being taken care of' which obviously hasn't happened, yet.
I wish there was a mid option that included the F & B credit and the vouchers. That's the crux for me. I'm a 50+ adult, why the hell would I want to get close to the players, have interaction with the players or make connections with the players? They're a sports team I follow and root for. Not my friends.

They're offering $40 per game lowers as advertised this AM.

True. They're the back rows (N - YY) in 108 - 115 and come with "select benefits". They're calling it "Pure Hockey Pricing" and the seats are $11 less than a regular ticket in that section. I can't find a definition of what the select benefits are, but i suspect it doesn't include a F&B credit or vouchers and maybe not discounted parking. They also have a Center Ice version for $75 for the top 8 rows of 103 and 105 and those are $26 less than a regular ticket

Did a couple of years in those seats in 115 and they were excellent seats. Especially those near 116
True. They're the back rows (N - YY) in 108 - 115 and come with "select benefits". They're calling it "Pure Hockey Pricing" and the seats are $11 less than a regular ticket in that section. I can't find a definition of what the select benefits are, but i suspect it doesn't include a F&B credit or vouchers and maybe not discounted parking. They also have a Center Ice version for $75 for the top 8 rows of 103 and 105 and those are $26 less than a regular ticket

They're offering $40 per game lowers as advertised this AM.

I sit in that area. As I posted on page 1, if you factor in the no F&B credit and no vouchers, you are giving up $357 in value to save $473 per seat. AND (and to me this really matters) you CANNOT PREGAME OR POSTGAME EXCHANGE ANY OF THOSE TICKETS. That means you can't exchange your 2 pre-season game $40 a seat tickets or any other tickets. That to me swings that to a 'not worth it' status for me.

But hey, for someone who amost nEVER eats or buys drinks at the game and has no use for the extra ticket vouchers and never has a desire to exchange their tickets, its a chance to save almost $500 a seat. I'm sure they will find some people out there that will buy in to that. I will pay the extra money for the F&B credit, vouchers and the ticket exchange option thank you very much.

Last edited:
OK ... I'm in wait and see mode and somewhat resent the push to renew by the end of March. I've asked my rep how long I've got before the pricing and the food & Bev credit goes away, because honestly I don't trust this club to get anything right the first time and I'm NOT willing to commit that much cash to a team with no GM and an uncertain leadership structure. Right now my plan is to hold out as long as I can before deciding to renew or not.

In past seasons, the level of food and beverage credit dropped as the early bird season morphed into the spring and summer doldrums. But it did not go completely away until nearly last minute. Still there even then, just X% instead of Y%.

I've waited them out past at least the free agent deadline before purchasing. But then that amount of credit is not as important to me as the overall purchase since I was going to end up throwing far greater sums of money away from non-use of tickets to certain games.

I see that food and bev credit as a discount, since I'm a full season ticket package holder and I definitely use the credit over the course of 41 games (or how many ever I actually show up for ... more like 30-35 the last few years). I almost never purchase food or beverages that I wouldn't already purchase anyway, although I do occasionally eat a meal at the arena that I might otherwise catch on the way to the game. But either way, that's a de facto reduction in ticket price from my point of view.

Now the part that has me rather irritated ... although nobody over on Edwards Mill seems to give a rat's. The deadline for the best credit and thus the best price is March 31. No grace, no waiting. That's at least two weeks sooner that the deadline has been set in the past, and more like month earlier than the typical deadline in the past. Frankly, you're not only asking me to loan you a substantial chunk of money, Mr Dundon, you're asking me to fully commit to your crappy product before I get a halfway decent chance to know what you're going to do to improve it. Which, pardon my French, is horse crap. I'm NOT happy with this. I'm probably going to pay it, but I'm NOT happy. Which means that if you do stumble around all summer not improving your product on the ice, then I am officially 1000% more likely to be on the phone demanding a refund before the next season starts. And I dare you to give me hassle if that happens.

Has any full season ticket member ever used their 'upgrade credit'? The 'seat upgrade' program has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. You have to already have a ticket to the game and then you pay more money to upgrade your seat. The upgrade costs basically what your new seat would normally cost at the box office minus maybe $20 for example for center ice seats.

So rather than just paying $145 for a center ice seat, you pay, say, $35 for an upper level seat and then another $125 for your center ice seat upgrade. All that said though, in theory full season ticket members get a $500 credit to mess around with this. Did any full season ticket members actually try using that? I didn't have that available as I was a late purchaser this season. The way I see it, I COULD, for no good reason at all, elect to upgrade my perfectly fine pair of Lower Level North seats for center ice seats...twice ($125 a pop for bronze games) with that season ticket member $500 credit.

I've decided I'm paying their extortion ... at 5 minutes to midnight on the 30th.

The single reason I'm doing so is the new owner's checkbook. So the first time I smell stingy, I'm calling for a refund and congratulating them for finally breaking my back with general incompetence and cluelessness.

Guessing I will do the same. Running joke between my wife and I that she says every year I’m mad at this point but in the end I cave and renew at the deadline. Sad but true.
I've decided I'm paying their extortion ... at 5 minutes to midnight on the 30th.

The single reason I'm doing so is the new owner's checkbook. So the first time I smell stingy, I'm calling for a refund and congratulating them for finally breaking my back with general incompetence and cluelessness.

Do we have such a thing? I've totally forgotten if we do. lol

#iLikeMySeats

Right, that is completely worthless to you unless you just feel you have to sit in the front row for a game. The $500 upgrade credit would get you 2 seats in the first row for one game (well, maybe not even).

When I first heard about the seat upgrade program I was thinking that you would basically pay the difference of the cost of the seat you already had and the seat you are moving to. But that isn't even it....if you were actually paying real cash money to do this, you are basically just buying the new seat outright with a $20 discount from the box office price (you get hit with Ticketmaster fees for your trouble too though....). I can't imagine anyone actually doing this for real unless they just have pile a money to blow and/or have a spouse and little kids that are complaining when they get to their upper level corner Row K seats that they can't see.

Last edited:
For those who already sit down low and like their location, that seat upgrade program is less than useful. In fact it's sort of insulting, because like everything else this team cooks up for a promotion it's geared towards somebody other than me.

Not to sound selfish, because I really don't care that much. But it would be nice to have them offer up an incentive that I give a crap about every so often.

Count me in to foolishly sign up once again for another year of mediocrity. Liking Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown, I can't help but think this time it will be different. But as long as my long-time buddy is willing to go with me, I'll keep signing up.

Count me in to foolishly sign up once again for another year of mediocrity. Liking Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown, I can't help but think this time it will be different. But as long as my long-time buddy is willing to go with me, I'll keep signing up.

I get it. This will be my 20th season of this, which means 10 years of garbage. The first 10 were fine, especially in retrospect.

That's my absolute limit though. We end up in this same place next season and they can just put on the "call when team is any good list."

Back