• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Former Hawks at Hawks, March 8th, 8:30pm

Its always interesting (at least to me) to see how a team plays immediately after a huge organization shakeup. I have zero feel for this game other than an expectation that Darling will be horrible in the nets (just a hunch). If you are still plotting a longshot playoff path, winning this game and the game next Monday at MSG (the Canes' House of Horrors) is pretty much a must.

Darling will likely stand on his head and post a shutout and then ask if every game can be played in Chicago from here on out.

Overall the was a pretty solid game from the Canes. They were far more dangerous than normal....they potted 3 goals and had several legitimately good chances that JF Berube made some great stops on.

No one helped the Canes at all last night, although the Devils continue to slightly fall back in the WC1 spot and the Islanders continue to slide out of the picture completely. Everyone ahead of the Canes will play at least 1 more game before the Canes play their next game at MSG next Monday night.

The true leader of this team is Justin Williams. He is the one guy who keeps trying to lift this team and that breakaway was a beauty. His comments last night during the intermission were candid and matter of fact-- no holding back on the play in the neutral zone.

Darling will get another shot to prove he shouldn't be bought out or traded either Monday or Tuesday night. I would play him against the Rangers Monday night but Peters always does the opposite of what I think should be done.

Cam always seems to play well when the other goalie has played well in the game before him.

The true leader of this team is Justin Williams. He is the one guy who keeps trying to lift this team and that breakaway was a beauty. His comments last night during the intermission were candid and matter of fact-- no holding back on the play in the neutral zone.

They could use about 5 more Justin Williams to be honest when you talk about leadership and a will to win. The Canes should fish or cut bait with Skinner soon...if you cannot find him a skilled center to play with then is it really worth spending $6 million on a guy that is stuck with Lee Stempniak types here? So frustrating to see him spinning his wheels this season.

They could use about 5 more Justin Williams to be honest when you talk about leadership and a will to win. The Canes should fish or cut bait with Skinner soon...if you cannot find him a skilled center to play with then is it really worth spending $6 million on a guy that is stuck with Lee Stempniak types here? So frustrating to see him spinning his wheels this season.

You bring up a very good topic that fresh management eyes need to examine. What to do about Jeff Skinner?

Wizard goal scorer, when he's on. Can put pucks into places with uncanny precision. And on a team that is goal-starved seems madness to even consider life without him.

But he is a special case that basically relegates him to his own Kessel-like third scoring line due to spotty and sometimes inept defensive play. However, unfortunately the bottom six is devoid of talent with anything resembling talent immediately overslotted to the top six (McGinn).

Surrounded by lesser talent, including third pairing D-men, and given sheltered minutes it's no wonder he's not hitting his full potential.

So, do we turn that third scoring line into a real threat by stocking it with a playmaking center that can score (Lindholm or better) and a right wing that will shred anyone that touches Skinner, plus go to the net/boards?

Maybe. If not, we need to cash Skinner in to a team that will and plug some other hole.

Back