Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT: Canes @ Rangers, March 12th.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Rangers, March 12th.

So Cam is an UFA after this season. We still have 3 more years of Darling's contract. At least if we buy our Darling, we're not stuck having to either keep Cam, or buy him out also.

I'm OK with Ned being 1 of the 2 assuming he's ready to at least be a decent backup, but not with Cam as the other option. If we make a move for a proven #1 level goalie, then I'm OK with Cam being the #2, but I would prefer another option that has a chance of some upside. That being said, I'm sure if we don't sign him, Cam will end up winning the cup for the Penguins next season.

Darling is shockingly bad. If he was trying to throw games, he'd have to do better than he is.

I think during the off season, we need to get rid of ALL of the goalies, the goals, the nets, any goalie equipment, coaches, training rooms, trainers that touched a goalie, etc. Burn it all and get new stuff.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Reckon JR would trade Murray for Cam and Faulk? Or Jarry for Cam? (t-i-c/on) sorta

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    Boomer was harsher than I was last night. I said that Darling's effort on that 4th goal looked like a 16 year old junior hockey goalie effort. Boomer isn't even being that generous....
    The NHL Network Guys were even harsher tonight in regards to the Canes goaltending. 31st and dead last in save percentage in the league and Dave Reid went as far as saying until the goaltending is fixed here even a John Tavares signing wouldn’t make the Canes a playoff team!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234