• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Bruins @ Canes, 7pm

Boardwork

Rumor has it we are calling up Foegele as our just in case, bonus pay award winner, to sit due to a game time decision to stick with the group of overproducers we have.

Bruins are good, but lots of injuries--can't even keep track of who is out but big names include Bergeron and McAvoy.

Canes are Canes. Peters is Peters.

Expecting a train wreck and Tripp to lather the excuses of Boston resting in Raleigh yesterday. More likely, a surprise win and claims of being on the cusp of the playoffs will abound.

Congrats Canes, you have tripped my 'why am I even going to this game tonight?' trigger with 7 home games left in the season.

I have no analysis to offer, no 'there is still a playoff chance' numbers to share. Realistically we are better off losing this game and the majority of the rest of our games at this point in a hopes that the Rangers and Islanders and maybe even Chicago can slide past us in the standings. That would put us at 8th worst in the NHL, which would be better than the 11th worst we current sit at now in terms of lottery chances.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. On one hand, I've already paid for the ticket and a parking pass and it's Tuesday night.

On the other hand, a have a dark room I can sit in with my fingers in my ears going nana nana nana for three hours.

I'm stumped!?!

And making it even worse HockeyPat is the Boston fans. I can already here the cheers every time they score in my head....

Well there will probably be some College BB if that's your thing if you stayed home.

I expect a season over (not official) with this game though last night was the signal.

Yoyo Foegele. Maybe we'll start Darling again so we can break him.

Honestly I expect to spend a bunch of the time at the game tonight checking in on the Checkers game. That game is much more important than the Canes game tonight.

Honestly I expect to spend a bunch of the time at the game tonight checking in on the Checkers game. That game is much more important than the Canes game tonight.

What makes things worse is Boston made all kinds of changes at the deadline to make their team better and many of those changes are already paying dividends while Reluctant Ron and the Canes did absolutely nothing! Bran Gionta, fresh off the Olympic gig has 6 points in 5 games as a Bruin, Rick Nash has looked solid, even Tommy Friggin Wingels has chipped in nicely. The Canes do not even have one single answer once the Bruins start banging and throwing bodies around, the game plan is simple for Boston, play the Canes physical, finish their checks and go hard to the net because the team in red is softer than Charmin most nights.

It's games like these the canes miss LaRose. He used to really go shoulder to knee against Chara!

I can't stand the fact that I have 7 home games left to see this season. I've already paid, but what a freakin' waste of time.

Congrats Canes, you have tripped my 'why am I even going to this game tonight?' trigger with 7 home games left in the season.

I'm going until I kill off the last few bucks on my food and beverage account, then ... we'll see.

Last edited:
Want to make these games count? Audition your top Checkers players. Even Neds. The Canes future is way more important than an AHL playoff. Period. October is NOT the time to audition players. Some of them will be gone by then .

I'm going until I kill off the last few bucks on my food and beverage account, then ... we'll see.

I'd load up on the Pork samiches and cold brewsky's early and often tonight JB and call it a season sooner rather than later!!!

:cheers2:

I'd load up on the Pork samiches and cold brewsky's early and often tonight JB and call it a season sooner rather than later!!!

:cheers2:

Yeah ... a couple those over-priced prime rib sandwiches might just kill off this miserable season

Want to make these games count? Audition your top Checkers players. Even Neds. The Canes future is way more important than an AHL playoff. Period. October is NOT the time to audition players. Some of them will be gone by then .

Who's calling these shots now? TD? And who's going to tell PB who to play?

And if you waive a bunch of stiffs on the big club and they make their way to Charlotte will they increase or decrease the Cherkers chances of making the playoffs?

Back