• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Bruins @ Canes, 7pm

"That's a fair question"
"That's a fair question"

GREAT! If it's a fair question then F&*cking answer it!!

Where were the follow ups then? Coach, if that's a fair question, how about an answer? We are all in agreement that there have been WAY TO MANY of these kinds of games, what are you going to do about it? His answer would be "there are things that can be done about it and we know what they are, but I'm not going to tell you" That was the feistiest I've seen the media with him though. Can't wait for the STM rep to call me this week so I can tell him I'm not buying any more tickets of any kind until Peters is gone and we have 2 new goalies.

Pretty bizzare evening to sit in the PNC when we dominated the 2nd period, started well in the 3rd and then pulled back and let the Bruins take over the game. The PNC was pretty loud when all of those Boston fans in the audience cut loose in the 3rd. The Hurricanes are an embarrassment and Dundon needs to act quickly to keep this ship from sinking. Peters should never have been given what appeared to be a vote of confidence by the new owner and I hope this dismal stretch of hockey opens his eyes. I was against firing him until the season was over, but now - what the hell? Cut him free and let someone - anyone - manage this crappy team until we can get a legitimate coach in the off season.

C-H-O-K-E! This team is rotten to the core in that there is no heart. JWilliams, McGinn, Slavin and Aho are who you build around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't see how Peters doesn't get axed after that debaucle. Any kind words that Dundon had for BP have to be out the window. Besides, back then we were in the mix and now we are clearly not. Should be an exciting summer. Spring, not so much.This goes beyond personnel or any other excuse. At this point, the team should know how to protect the lead on home ice. They don't, and I lay the blame squarely at foot of the coach.

Last edited:
Can't see how Peters doesn't get axed after that debaucle. Any kind words that Dundon had for BP have to be out the window. Besides, back then we were in the mix and now we are clearly not. Should be an exciting summer. Spring, not so much.This goes beyond personnel or any other excuse. At this point, the team should know how to protect the lead on home ice. They don't, and I lay the blame squarely at foot of the coach.

I wish the player exit meetings were published for the fans to see! A coach that seems to have no clue what to do with the mish mash he has to work with and a bunch of players that seem to blame everyone but themselves for their awful play. This mess is on everybody.

The Canes now have a league-worst .893 save pct., and they're not even that close to the 30th team.

Wait, wait, wait ... What's that you say, Mr. Bill? The team got tired half way through the 3rd seeing how it was the second game of a back to back. And, and, and ... The other team was here waiting for us and all rested up and everything.

TD: Got it. Now make sure we're not a tired hockey team ever again, Ok Mr. Bill? There, there ... all better now?

That was no tank-job. The Canes played 'em pretty evenly in the 1st, then... They poked the bear in the 2nd, woke him up and after a fresh pot of coffee between, came awake and showed what superior coaching and preparation does. The Canes were not prepared for it and neither the players nor coach had an answer. The Bruins are a better team but I'm not so sure that their players are all that much better individually or overall. But a coach that can get the mostest and bestest from his guys gets better results. Being meaner and tougher helps, too. Can you imagine what Quenneville might have wrought? He did well a few days ago, eh?

Peters doesn't inspire (nor prepare) anybody. Cam, in the 3rd, was overwhelmed, physically and mentally - if he had just stood on his head and not made so many poor reactions. The story comes down to reaction (rather then being proactive) and we see who did that better.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this debacle of a game. For someone who has resigned himself to another year of abject failure, I don't know why losing a game like this bothers me so much - but it does. I just wish the team and the coach shared the same feeling.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this debacle of a game. For someone who has resigned himself to another year of abject failure, I don't know why losing a game like this bothers me so much - but it does. I just wish the team and the coach shared the same feeling.

Funny, this is the first time I didn't get that upset. I may have said "unbelievable" about a 100 times. But I believed it.

Where was the time out? I started yelling at the TV for "Wild Bill" to call a time out after it was suddenly 4-3...... Soon after it was tied....

Unbelievable.

I totally expected the collapse. This team totally quit playing defense in the last 10 minutes. Just stopped caring.

But you know what? We like our team.

The only thing these guys are good at is stealing money. Average daily stolen salary per player is over $15K. Every day!!!

Back