• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flyers 3/17 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Top of the morning Caniacs and Happy St. Paddy’s Day.

Thr 3rd place Flyers come in 3-6-1 in their last 10 and 1-6-1 in the month of March. They are still 3rd in the division, albeit by tiebreaker, underscoring the futility of the Canes recent play. Any kind of decent results would have kept them in the chase but the Canes are also 3-6-1 in their last 10. But it should be a fine day for a tailgate. It’s another Homegrown night. Grilled pimiento cheese sammiches with sweet potato fries, peach cobbler and flights from Aviator.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Yeah ... I'm tied up at NC Comicon Oak City all day today until about 7:30 so I'm happy enough to give this one a pass. On a side note, if you want to come down and see us at the Raleigh Convention Center today or tomorrow, you're welcome. It's a great Con.

Should be a packed house....of orange and black. Cheap tickets all over the web though....so maybe no one cares?

Don’t ever change Hurricanes, you truly are the definition of dysfunctional in every way, shape and form. I’m starting to think this joke of a team would have been better off moving to Quebec.

We go up 2-1 and now 4-2 against. (shocked to pretty much no one.)

Last edited:
I fee like I'm stuck in an episode of the Twighlight Zone, where things just keep repeating over and over again. Decent crowd shows up and the Canes reward them with a belly-up performance. Have you noticed during the last few games when we pull our goalie, our opponents score easily within 20 seconds? This team has no heart and no pride.

Skipped this one to watch my son as The Mayor of Whoville in Seussical the Musical ... I guess DVR....Erase is my next step here.

Broken record. What does coach Peters say to them between period 2and 3?

Don't worry. Peters has a 7 game plan, and this was just game one. Can't wait to see what is next for this group.

Did anyone see that interview pregame? I can't wait for the new GM to can him on day one.

Smile everyone...the Checkers won tonight and Foegele and Zykov had goals..

Those talents will come in handy in the KHL or on their draft re-entry.

Saw bits and pieces of this at our establishment of choice last night. Lost track in the 3rd, looked up and saw it was 3-2 after 2 periods of 1-0. Caught just enough of the end to see dipstick Bill pull his goalie again. It doesn't work Bill. Never works. You're an idiot, a complete imbecile. Please go far, far away and never return again.

Don't worry. Peters has a 7 game plan, and this was just game one. Can't wait to see what is next for this group.

Did anyone see that interview pregame? I can't wait for the new GM to can him on day one.

Yeah, that was odd. Certainly not a time to be excited and grinning ear to ear.

Smile everyone...the Checkers won tonight and Foegele and Zykov had goals..

Hey, if Charlotte can manage to go deep in the playoffs it would do wonders for their development. Little consolation today, but with the pro squad in such a mess, maybe better to keep them far away from this trainwreck so as not to infect them. Have them come to camp fresh with a new GM and hopefully, a new coach.

Back