• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 72 Wehave's Leafs vs Canadiens 7pm et

I watched a little more than usual last night-about a period and a half. I found myself actually feeling something-anger.Anger at how inept a product we had out on the ice and how inferior we were to the Leafs. Then I yawned and watched a movie.

Nothing resigning Plekanec can't fix I'm sure.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread, you can do whatever you want when you never have to worry about paying the consequences. This is why Timmins and Bergevin still have jobs and why Molson can keep them employed: because fans will line his pockets no matter what stupid crap he does.

Yeah but the same argument was used in Toronto and they blew the entire thing up.
Rebuilding is the only way out of this mess the Habs are in.
I do wonder if they did not have that silly "GM Must Speak French Rule" if they'd be more willing to fire Bergevin. They really have so few options. It sucks Seattle will have so many more coaches/GMs to choose from than Montreal.

Last edited:
Yeah but the same argument was used in Toronto and they blew the entire thing up.
I do wonder if they did not have that silly "GM Must Speak French Rule" if they'd be more willing to fire Bergevin. They really have so few options. It sucks Seattle will have so many more coaches/GMs to choose from than Montreal.

Equality of outcome is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Toronto chose to blow it up but they could have chosen to maintain the status quo and they wouldn't have lost a penny's worth of profit. I fear that the only way the Habs will change their ways is if they are forced to do so in order to protect the bottom line.

Toronto chose to blow it up but they could have chosen to maintain the status quo and they wouldn't have lost a penny's worth of profit. I fear that the only way the Habs will change their ways is if they are forced to do so in order to protect the bottom line.

I think Toronto's success actually helps nudge the Habs into a rebuild.

Don't want me to have any happiness?

Nashville winning is harmless to Habs fans.

Toronto winning and rubbing in the face of Habs fans(real ones who live in quebec) will trigger the purge.
Subban winning will destroy the fanbase due to internecine warfare. Leafs are basically irrelevant to us. Their success and first rd exit will not drive our management.

Subban winning will destroy the fanbase due to internecine warfare. Leafs are basically irrelevant to us. Their success and first rd exit will not drive our management.

Leafs winning will kill the Habs much worse than Subban. That trade is already a disaster ans only 1 part as to why the Habs suck.

The Leafs winning would kill me but it won't have any effect on the Habs or their current fan base. Anyone younger than me doesn't even remember the last time the Habs played the Leafs in a playoff series. If you want to get the Habs to do something real, you need to bring the Nordiques back to Quebec and have them be successful.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Nah, other than having you come over to say hi , it will not have an effect

You don't get it and you're never going to get it, its a regional rivalry and you're not in the region.

You live in Vancouver and you hate the nucks, hate nuck fans, ect. Its like that for Habs fan who actually live in montreal, they hate everything toronto. It can be argued that the only thing that have kept Habs fans relatively calm all these years is the fact Toronto has sucked worst.

If toronto wins the cup though, that's it, that last thing Habs fans can hold over them is gone. The Habs are officially the biggest joke. No more 1967 to hold over leaf fans, the Habs will just plain be the worse franchise in their minds.

At that point the fans will either give up on the team completely or demand drastic change.

Molson’s comments the other day indicate that too. He said next season might not be too great either.

His comments made no sense to me. He pointed fingers at player development, recruitment, leadership yet praised Bergevin as a great talent evaluator and team builder from his time with the Hawks.

I guess Rick Dudley is to blame?

Irrelevant. There's still a more general inner city rivalry. Most Montrealers will root against the Leafs and vice versa.
That wasn't the argument I was refuting.

Our GM will decide what to do based on the voices in his head, not on how successful another team is or isn't. He still thinks the Weber trade was the right one even though most fans do not. He does not care what we think, what teams we hate etc.

He belongs to the Cartman school of interpersonal relations "whateva, I do what I wan't"

Back