• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tankin' for Dahlin won't change anythin', we've become the Canucks of the East

not sure how it is now but they showed a fancy stats rework if teams had the same save % as last year and the habs were right near a playoff spot

i do not think ppl realize just how awful price has been

The defense is shit, thus price is shit, benn and alzner aren't going anywhere, the defense will continue to be shit, price will continue to be shit

not sure how it is now but they showed a fancy stats rework if teams had the same save % as last year and the habs were right near a playoff spot

i do not think ppl realize just how awful price has been

Yeah he was bad, but is that just him or a result of better chances against due to crap defence, or both.

It's too difficult of a task for any GM to turn this team around in one season. You'd need everything to go as plan to make this a cup contender for next season. Even making this a playoff team would require a significant turnover in talent.

The Habs will be drafting high again next season.

Boulchit.

All the current Habs have to do is "revert to the mean", including Price, and this team is competing for the wild card. You add a healthy, normal Price-like season, a healthy, normal Weber-like season and have Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher et al play well and they're not anywhere near as bad as they've been this year.

Everybody sucked or was injured or sucked and then got injured this season. Why do people always assume that a good season is the outlier and a bad season is part of a trend? Bergevin knows that even if he does absolutely nothing in the off-season this team could just as easily make the playoffs as they could miss them. He will try to prove that this season was an anomaly. He will not purposely try to lose by shedding all of his veteran talent for draft picks. He's desperate to save his job and his legacy so he'll double down and add rather than subtract this summer.

I'm not saying I agree with him doing this or that doing this will work. I'm just telling you that he's not going to try to bottom out in aid of any rebuild. He'll leave that thankless task to whoever succeeds him after he's fired.

Boulchit.

All the current Habs have to do is "revert to the mean", including Price, and this team is competing for the wild card. You add a healthy, normal Price-like season, a healthy, normal Weber-like season and have Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher et al play well and they're not anywhere near as bad as they've been this year.

Everybody sucked or was injured or sucked and then got injured this season. Why do people always assume that a good season is the outlier and a bad season is part of a trend? Bergevin knows that even if he does absolutely nothing in the off-season this team could just as easily make the playoffs as they could miss them. He will try to prove that this season was an anomaly. He will not purposely try to lose by shedding all of his veteran talent for draft picks. He's desperate to save his job and his legacy so he'll double down and add rather than subtract this summer.

I'm not saying I agree with him doing this or that doing this will work. I'm just telling you that he's not going to try to bottom out in aid of any rebuild. He'll leave that thankless task to whoever succeeds him after he's fired.

agreed with one note....we have 1 NHL centre

Boulchit.

The Habs won't be good next season. Too many holes to fill. They will get another nice pick again after next season.

Even though the Habs aren't "trying" to lose - they still suck regardless.

And a lot of people will be thanking the person that does a true rebuild. Most fans want a rebuild now. We're tired of watching this crap.

The defense is shit, thus price is shit, benn and alzner aren't going anywhere, the defense will continue to be shit, price will continue to be shit

save % is largely unaffected by the D
and i am not judging price by GAA

How bad is Alzner? Even one of the biggest homers on the planet knows he sucks.

Eric Engels

Verified account

@EricEngels
Mar 17
More
This guy plays hard every night and is one of the nicest players I've ever met. He cares a lot. But he's a defensive defenceman who struggles far too much defensively. In YR 1 of a 5-YR deal.

How bad is Alzner? Even one of the biggest homers on the planet knows he sucks.

Eric Engels

Verified account

@EricEngels
Mar 17
More
This guy plays hard every night and is one of the nicest players I've ever met. He cares a lot. But he's a defensive defenceman who struggles far too much defensively. In YR 1 of a 5-YR deal.

Like I said before, when a defensive defenseman needs another defensive defenseman (Juulsen) to help him out, that's a bad situation.

The Habs won't be good next season. Too many holes to fill. They will get another nice pick again after next season.

Even though the Habs aren't "trying" to lose - they still suck regardless.

And a lot of people will be thanking the person that does a true rebuild. Most fans want a rebuild now. We're tired of watching this crap.

it's nice to want things but you aren't getting the rebuild, now or ever as long as Bergevin runs this team. You may not even get a very high draft pick.

Like I said before, when a defensive defenseman needs another defensive defenseman (Juulsen) to help him out, that's a bad situation.

with how awful the offseason was not signing markov and/or radulov while also trading away our best / only prospect i would sometimes forget how terrible this alzner dead is/was

with how awful the offseason was not signing markov and/or radulov while also trading away our best / only prospect i would sometimes forget how terrible this alzner dead is/was

I wasn't over the moon with the signing, but didn't expect him to be this bad.

My son doesn't even wear his Alzner shirt anymore ;)

imo this is what he is

this isn't a bad year...this is normal for him

i miss emelin

imo this is what he is

i miss emelin

What I miss most about Emelin is that he could lay guys out and sometimes players were afraid to go into the zone knowing he might take out their knee or hammer them in the head. We have no one like that on our back end.

Tank.jpg

Yet they got one this season? Yeah, ok.
Yeah by accident. He'll make sure it's a one off. He'll blow his brains out scraping together enough bodies who can get us into 8th place. And as long as Price stays healthy they'll be there or close to it. You need to accept the fact that Bergevin's goal is to keep getting paid. That doesn't happen if they finish as badly next season as they did this season. He won't act out of altruism; only out of self interest and ego.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

imo this is what he is

i miss emelin

I was never that familiar with Alzner but I thought he had a reputation for being an elite defender. Clearly he hasn't been anywhere near what we were promised.

Yeah by accident. He'll make sure it's a one off. He'll blow his brains out scraping together enough bodies who can get us into 8th place. And as long as Price stays healthy they'll be there or close to it. You need to accept the fact that Bergevin's goal is to keep getting paid. That doesn't happen if they finish as badly next season as they did this season. He won't act out of altruism; only out of self interest and ego.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I'm sure he will blow his brains out.

I'm also sure it won't mean shit and we will still be in the bottom 6.

JFJ blew his brains out every season, trying to force the leafs into the postseason, they still finished bottom 5.

Back