• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs Coyotes 3/22 7PM

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
OK ... I'm pretty firmly in Whateverland for the rest of the season, but here's your game day thread anyway.

Carolina returns to home ice tonight to take on Western stragglers Arizona, presumably with their tails firmly between their collective legs after getting embarrassed by Edmonton on Tuesday night. Let's face it ... there's been no news out of the Canes camp, so aside from Ward taking his regular rotation in net, we all know Peters isn't going to change anything. He likes his team, after all. And they clearly love him ...

If you're not detecting a certain level of sarcasm at this point, maybe go get something checked, OK?

Bottom line ... game tonight. Hard pass, personally. Carry on.

I wonder if there will be even less people tonight than Tuesday. I swear I could hear individual conversations from the other side of the building against the Oily Guys. I was going tell McDavid* he sucked, but I was afraid he would hit me with a puck or something.

*McDavid does not suck. I'm a master of mind games.

The morning skate was optional. Michael Smith said the centers will be Staal, Aho, Lindholm and Ryan. On D, Slavin/Faulk, Fleury/TVR, Dahlbeck/McKeown. Ward starts in goal.

Fleury/TVR, Dahlbeck/McKeown

Those two pairings WILL appear on a whiteboard in the Phoenix dressing room. Probably with the word "attack" written nearby.

In like 5 inch letters. Red, probably ... maybe green to promote positive thoughts. 10 exclamation marks.

Hopefully effort by the coaches and players is not optional tonight because that seemed to be lacking on Tuesday....

Ya know, after Tuesday, having an optional morning skate seems to be pretty much the coach not caring anymore. If I had a team that was not putting on their boots and coming to work, there wouldn't be any optional anything. Maybe I'm off base.

Ya know, after Tuesday, having an optional morning skate seems to be pretty much the coach not caring anymore. If I had a team that was not putting on their boots and coming to work, there wouldn't be any optional anything. Maybe I'm off base.

He certainly coached that game Tuesday like he didn't care anymore, so it's tough not to judge him based on that. But to be honest, you've got two options after a game like that. Bag skate or the cold shoulder. He took column B ... can't blame Peters for that. I'm sick of looking at 'em too.

I sure wish Darling was playing tonight. He needs a chance to redeem himself. And he should keep playing until his demons are exorcised.

I sure wish Darling was playing tonight. He needs a chance to redeem himself. And he should keep playing until his demons are exorcised.

I know there are times you're sarcastic D, but I agree with that-- he's signed to big money for several years. Ride him until he rebounds or fully breaks. We win if he loses and we win if he wins...

Zykov scores. Who knew a guy can score from in front of the net. (And off a nice pass in traffic)

Did the replay of that show the puck clearly over the goal line? They can't say that the puck was in his skate and his skate was over the line so therefore the puck must have been over the line. What did TV show?

Back