• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Red Wings @ Leafs - 7:00 PM - CBC

ah **** detroit. one good scout got them 20yrs of greatness. time for them to suck.

And can our commentators criticize freddy, ever?

Yeah, I'm fine with them reverting to being the Dead Things for the foreseeable future.

Detroit fans got what...25 straight years in the playoffs? With six finals appearances over that stretch, and four Stanley Cups.

Let them suffer for a while.

Lucky win. Outplayed, but Howard also stood on his head, so I don’t know what to think about this one.

Except that Kappy and Johnsson are both awesome.

And Johnsson has officially ended Leivo’s tenure with the Leafs, barring injuries the rest of this year.

ah **** detroit. one good scout got them 20yrs of greatness. time for them to suck.

And can our commentators criticize freddy, ever?

Maybe they found more pressing issues to criticize, including the team going an extended period of time without getting a shot on goal and having Detroit carry the play for most of the game.

Just a thought.

How many 40+ shots against games have we had this year? Feels like it is every other game. Should be at some sort of record by now.

Anyways a win is a win but as LoF said, we got outplayed. Can't really fathom giving up 40+ shots and getting outplayed by this rendition of the Red Wings but this was a trap game and I kind of understand the team getting bored at this point with nothing much to play for.

Freddy should have stopped their 1st goal and was interfered with on the 3rd but probably could have made a better effort to recover after he was touched. Other than that he made some excellent saves and kept us in it, especially in the 2nd when they were all over us.

On that point, it's getting obvious that goalies are just diving now because of this goaltender interference crap. Going down like a house of cards at the first sign of contact and not making much of an effort to recover. This rule is going to cost somebody an important game in the playoffs for sure.

This last stretch of games is pretty much pointless. NHL playoff format ... who the **** came up with this stuff? They're making a really good case for lopping 10 games off the regular season schedule.

The first period looked like a perpetual Leafs powerplay. Speaking of which ... omfg ... the Leafs got more than the other team.

And, yeah, **** the wings. They can suck shit for eternity.

The NHl is so poorly run. This playoff format is a joke. They are always adding things no one is asking for like changing the playoff format and the coaches challenge. How about actually doing something people want like increasing scoring and cutting down on Obstruction over 82 games and not just doing it in October.
Please spare me the "Stats" of scoring going up. We will likely have 0 50 goal scorers and maybe 1 guy at 100 points. It's just not good enough. It goes up slightly in spite of the NHL's incompetence.

Last edited:
"I didn't know if [Johnsson] had speed, he does & he's so intelligent & on the right side of the puck & he makes really good plays, got good fast-twitch. He's good on the PP, good on the PK, he's a good hockey player. We're lucky to have him."

--The Cock

sounds like Johnsson is sticking around. That's the realgud seal of approval.

Back