• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Sens 3/26 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes look to extend their winning streak to 3, with the back half of a home and home against the Sens.

Warren Foegele got his first NHL recall yesterday. He leads all AHL rookies in goal scoring with 26. We'll see where the line mix-o-matic slots him at the morning skate. Aho has a 8 game point streak and has points in 12 of his last 15 games. Zykov and PDG have multi-point games in the last 2. Tonight is also the first of a back to back, with a game in New Jersey tomorrow, so we'll see who starts in goal at the skate.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Lines from the skate per Michael Smith. Foegele will make his NHL debut:

McGinn-Staal-Williams
Skinner-Lindholm-Di Giuseppe
Zykov-Aho-Teravainen
Foegele-Ryan-Nordstrom

Slavin-Dahlbeck
Hanifin-van Riemsdyk
Fleury-McKeown

Ward
Darling

Faulk is still out with an upper body injury.

But they have to play the Devils tomorrow night - in Newark! D could be a real issue there.

That's some scary looking D lineups..

True, but actual results at this point matter less than continuing to see good things from that revamped first offensive line and hopefully getting a good audition from Foegele. And for McKeown to continue to be solid. If those three things are going on then I really don't care about the final score from here out.

Forgot to note that The Mighty Forslund is on NBCSN duty tonight, so Jason Shaya from the Cherkers will once again be pressed into duty.

Fugly and Zykov. Heck, maybe the canes and cherkers should just do a man for man swap.

Fugly a goal and assist, 11 minutes(lowest on team plus first star).
Zykov goal, 14 minutes.
Derek Ryan 2 assists(third star)

I liked the Reverse hit by Zykov. Crunched the guy coming in to hit him (Late in the third)

That drew a loud response from the crowd at the PNC. This guy belongs in the NHL. I loved what I saw, but want to see more of Foegele - he was all flying over the ice tonight. Nice performance by the team, but man - the Sens looked really bad.

Sens were horrible, but we'll take it.
giphy.gif

Back