• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 78 - Third and last of Three against Los Pingüinos

Outperforming?

Galchenyuk is leading the team in March scoring and he's playing with de La Rose and Lehkonen.

This is Galchenyuk's 6th year already, if he's not making enough of an impression by now to play on the top line then something's wrong. Besides he gets enough minutes on the powerplay, and again the powerplay this year is nothing special.

This is Galchenyuk's 6th year already, if he's not making enough of an impression by now to play on the top line then something's wrong. Besides he gets enough minutes on the powerplay, and again the powerplay this year is nothing special.

I am his biggest fan but I am accepting a 60 point tops player , which is ok .

I am his biggest fan but I am accepting a 60 point tops player , which is ok .

He will probably never get big top line minutes because of his defensive (lack of ) and inconsistent play. Ideally he would thrive on a team like the Pens , where he could play on the 2nd or 3rd line and rack up the points. A little more depth up front and Alex would be doing well on this team.

He will probably never get big top line minutes because of his defensive (lack of ) and inconsistent play. Ideally he would thrive on a team like the Pens , where he could play on the 2nd or 3rd line and rack up the points. A little more depth up front and Alex would be doing well on this team.
But there have been some promising signs re:defensive positioning & reading plays, over the last 20-games. One can only hope that bodes well for continued growth.

But there have been some promising signs re:defensive positioning & reading plays, over the last 20-games. One can only hope that bodes well for continued growth.

Pierre McGuire often makes a point of saying when he is interviewed ..."did you see that play Galchenyuk made in the middle of the ice last night. Are the Habs brass upstairs watching?". So yeah, a lot of problems in the middle could be solved, if can make the next step.

Back