• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

Re: End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

Maybe I'm just an ol 'stick-in-the-mud but I couldn't care less about any 'game day experience'. I'm just there for the hockey.

Re: End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

Maybe I'm just an ol 'stick-in-the-mud but I couldn't care less about any 'game day experience'. I'm just there for the hockey.

That really is the bottom line, isn't it? If the hockey's good, then the rest of the stuff just needs to not be a distraction. If the hockey sucks, then you WANT a distraction.

Maybe they should be thinking about things that grow interest in the game, once people get there. It starts with on-ice product, but think about things that help people fall in love with hockey and want to be their several times during the season, rather than throw in a bunch of stuff that makes it feel like the annual trip to the circus

Great idea Boardwork. How about a franchise hall of fame full of Whaler/Canes memorabilia? Let the casual fan learn about the history of the team and develop a sense of a connection with the past.

Great idea Boardwork. How about a franchise hall of fame full of Whaler/Canes memorabilia? Let the casual fan learn about the history of the team and develop a sense of a connection with the past.

I would not mind Shane Willis sessions, during commercial breaks where he (I don't want tripp---could be someone else)--breaks down some plays to introduce the idea of "things to watch for" that are somewhat specific. I've been watching hockey for 10+ years and could still use tips on how to watch a game live.

I would not mind Shane Willis sessions, during commercial breaks where he (I don't want tripp---could be someone else)--breaks down some plays to introduce the idea of "things to watch for" that are somewhat specific. I've been watching hockey for 10+ years and could still use tips on how to watch a game live.

The NHL Network does this a lot! It's awesome. I've learned so much from Lawton, Rupp, Weekes and Some guy named Scott Stevens who seems to know a little bit about playing the defensive position.

One possibility, one thing that I do when watching, is anticipating where the puck will go next. Also watch off puck play.

Also watch off puck play.

That's one of the best reasons to go to a game. It's always interesting to see what the players are doing when they are away from the puck. You can't always see that on TV. So you'd be crazy not to buy season tickets. Bigassed Scoreboard or no.

That's one of the best reasons to go to a game. It's always interesting to see what the players are doing when they are away from the puck. You can't always see that on TV. So you'd be crazy not to buy season tickets. Bigassed Scoreboard or no.

But I was counting on that bigassed scoreboard to distract me from the play on the ice!

But I was counting on that bigassed scoreboard to distract me from the play on the ice!

I tried that once. They had the unmitigated gall to be showing that abomination on the Moderatelysizedassed scoreboard. I'm not optimistic it would be better super sized.

Back