Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

Maybe I'm just an ol 'stick-in-the-mud but I couldn't care less about any 'game day experience'. I'm just there for the hockey.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: End of Season Topic 1: What Do You Actually Want for an "Game Day Experience?"

Quote Originally Posted by *AH* View Post
    Maybe I'm just an ol 'stick-in-the-mud but I couldn't care less about any 'game day experience'. I'm just there for the hockey.
    That really is the bottom line, isn't it? If the hockey's good, then the rest of the stuff just needs to not be a distraction. If the hockey sucks, then you WANT a distraction.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should be thinking about things that grow interest in the game, once people get there. It starts with on-ice product, but think about things that help people fall in love with hockey and want to be their several times during the season, rather than throw in a bunch of stuff that makes it feel like the annual trip to the circus

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Boardwork. How about a franchise hall of fame full of Whaler/Canes memorabilia? Let the casual fan learn about the history of the team and develop a sense of a connection with the past.
    Shape Up or Ship Out

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    Great idea Boardwork. How about a franchise hall of fame full of Whaler/Canes memorabilia? Let the casual fan learn about the history of the team and develop a sense of a connection with the past.
    I would not mind Shane Willis sessions, during commercial breaks where he (I don't want tripp---could be someone else)--breaks down some plays to introduce the idea of "things to watch for" that are somewhat specific. I've been watching hockey for 10+ years and could still use tips on how to watch a game live.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwork View Post
    I would not mind Shane Willis sessions, during commercial breaks where he (I don't want tripp---could be someone else)--breaks down some plays to introduce the idea of "things to watch for" that are somewhat specific. I've been watching hockey for 10+ years and could still use tips on how to watch a game live.
    The NHL Network does this a lot! It's awesome. I've learned so much from Lawton, Rupp, Weekes and Some guy named Scott Stevens who seems to know a little bit about playing the defensive position.
    6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12vx

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

One possibility, one thing that I do when watching, is anticipating where the puck will go next. Also watch off puck play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwind View Post
    Also watch off puck play.
    That's one of the best reasons to go to a game. It's always interesting to see what the players are doing when they are away from the puck. You can't always see that on TV. So you'd be crazy not to buy season tickets. Bigassed Scoreboard or no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPat View Post
    That's one of the best reasons to go to a game. It's always interesting to see what the players are doing when they are away from the puck. You can't always see that on TV. So you'd be crazy not to buy season tickets. Bigassed Scoreboard or no.
    But I was counting on that bigassed scoreboard to distract me from the play on the ice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThinIce View Post
    But I was counting on that bigassed scoreboard to distract me from the play on the ice!
    I tried that once. They had the unmitigated gall to be showing that abomination on the Moderatelysizedassed scoreboard. I'm not optimistic it would be better super sized.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123