• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Misc 2018 Playoff News Thread

I've seen some speculation that this is a minor retaliation for the league failing to agree to send players to the Olympics ... broadcast on NBC. But if you've looked at the ratings, this makes sense. The numbers just aren't that good for hockey other than in the local markets.

I couldn't give a rat's arse where they decide to televise NHL playoff hockey, as long as I get those channels! The hockey is usually so good this time of year I stay up way past my bedtime most nights!

First playoff games tonight

Wild at Jets at 7 on CNBC
Flyers at Pens 7 on NBCSN
Kings at Golden Knights 10 on NBCSN

Enjoy

Well, the Flyers look downright terrible.

...Or there is a reason Columbus tanked the last game on purpose to face the Capitals versus the Penguins.

Just saw Winnipeg go up 3-2 late on Minnesota and Bruce Boudreau should patent his clueless playoff face. The look when Winnipeg scored was priceless and one he is very used to.

WOW ... JUST WOW. I saw just the beginning of the VGK-LAK series. Are you kidding me? That's the fastest skating I think I have ever seen!!!

I don't like the Pens, but after the Eagles of all teams won the Super Bowl and reawakened the obnoxiousness that is a Philly sports fan, I really want the Flyers to suffer a complete and utter first round humiliation. So far so good.

WOW ... JUST WOW. I saw just the beginning of the VGK-LAK series. Are you kidding me? That's the fastest skating I think I have ever seen!!!

Yeah. Vegas came out HEAVY and it took LA a bit to get into the game. But it settled into a steady breakneck pace after that. I'm going to guess that the ridiculously long opening "ceremony" played a part in LA's sluggish start. That was like a fever dream ... in a Winter Olympics opening ceremony sort of way.

I fell asleep before the 1st period ended in Vegas. Figured I'd awake to a 6-5 final score. I guess I saw the most exciting part.

Go Leafs Go!!! Beat those whiny, dirty Bruins into oblivion...I'm not sure who I dislike more...Marchand or Chara.

Yeah ... tonight we get Game One action all over the place

Devils at Lightning ... NHL
Leafs at Bruins ... NBCSN
Jackets at Caps ... USA
Avs at Preds ... NBCSN
Sharks at Ducks ... USA

NBC is really rolling out the family of networks for the first round and as usual I'm left wishing I could stay up for more of the Western Conference games because their first round matchups are so much more compelling.

Lightning, Bruins and Predators look predictably strong. Sharks got a big game one win on the road. Jackets reminded the Caps that os was the post season. All good stuff

Absolutely agree on Kadri. That was inexcusable and very dangerous. That should be at least a 3 playoff game suspension (or more). It would be a crime if he gets 2 or less games for that.

Absolutely agree on Kadri. That was inexcusable and very dangerous. That should be at least a 3 playoff game suspension (or more). It would be a crime if he gets 2 or less games for that.

He has a hearing today, so we'll see.

I'm thinking 3 is fair and that they'll probably give him 2 because of the usual playoffs excuse.

Back