• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jer's 2018 Playoff Bracket Challenge

I'm game.

Will put you all to shame.

Your comebacks will be lame.

Just like this attempt to inflame.

I'll come at this with a little more humility, considering my bracket is usually a smoking ruin before the first round is even over.

One thing seems certain: the Pens are going to be ousted by the BJs in the first round. That team scares me if the Leafs have to face them.

I have a really hard time betting against Sid, Malkin & Phil, though.

But I guess it comes down to whether one of Murray or DeSmith can give them something resembling competent goaltending.

I think they got really fortunate in their match ups last year. Consider that the Senators took them to double OT game 7.

Get your brackets in, I would assume that you have until puck drop on April 11th to complete your bracket.

Submitted

I will not win unless we win the whole ****ing thing. That's how gangsters do it kids.

Yeah, I went full homer as well.

Though this is probably the first year since 2004 that it's justifiable to do so.

Do you have them running through Boston-Tampa-Pittsburgh-Nashville on the way?
Nope. My bracket's a bit wackier than that.

Out West, I decided to pick Winnipeg over Nashville.

And since I wanted to have at least one shocking upset in the first round, I went with New Jersey over Tampa.

So I have them going through: Boston -> New Jersey -> Pittsburgh -> Winnipeg.

I asked myself what the most ****ed up, difficult, unlikely way to win our first cup in the modern era would look like.

Yeah, I figure running through the 3 of the top 4 teams in the league and the 2 time defending stanley cup champion is exactly what the hockey gods would make us do to win one.

Back