• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Lightning 4/7 7:00

They want to improve. Unlike the Canes.....who have been content for a decade.

I strongly suspect we're not firing Peters-- he has proven nothing in his 4 years here-- but for whatever reason, he's viewed as a good coach and has lots of support league wide. My only hope is that he will use his option and exit the Canes system.

I wish at least one of those strong supporters would make him an offer. Put their money where their mouth is.

They want to improve. Unlike the Canes.....who have been content for a decade.

I strongly suspect we're not firing Peters-- he has proven nothing in his 4 years here-- but for whatever reason, he's viewed as a good coach and has lots of support league wide. My only hope is that he will use his option and exit the Canes system. Anyone think we'll keep Peters and either fire brind'Amour or Smith??

I’m not convinced either that Peter's is getting canned. Spent a lot of time last night talking about the up and coming talent (ironic). Wouldn’t be surprised to see smith get canned ; defense has seemed to regress. Bagging Rod will take some stones although hard to tell how effective he’s been.
I strongly suspect we're not firing Peters-- he has proven nothing in his 4 years here-- but for whatever reason, he's viewed as a good coach and has lots of support league wide. My only hope is that he will use his option and exit the Canes system. Anyone think we'll keep Peters and either fire brind'Amour or Smith??

I strongly suspect we're not firing Peters-- he has proven nothing in his 4 years here-- but for whatever reason, he's viewed as a good coach and has lots of support league wide. My only hope is that he will use his option and exit the Canes system.

If Peters used his out clause to leave town that would be gasoline on the fire to all those media types that have already had a heyday with the bungled GM search. Don’t get me wrong, I want him gone too, but that would be the ultimate slap in the face to Dundon if Wild Bill got on his horse and rode off to greener pastures.

I’m not convinced either that Peter's is getting canned. Spent a lot of time last night talking about the up and coming talent (ironic). Wouldn’t be surprised to see smith get canned ; defense has seemed to regress. Bagging Rod will take some stones although hard to tell how effective he’s been.

Brindy is the only one on the bench who actually does any visible coaching during games. Peters just stands there mumbling to himself and scribbling on his game sheet. Oh ... and calling timeouts at the wrong time and challenging goals left right and center. Smith occasionally leans in and talks to a defenseman, but Brindy is the one with the white board. Frankly, as technically deficient as we've been, that's not exactly a recommendation or anything. I'm just sayin ... if you want a better power play, then you have to get rid of the only guy coaching it up. And that's Roddy.

Nobody's firing anybody around here. Our owner isn't even bright enough to have a GM in place by the end of the season when you need somebody to make an actual big boy hockey decision. Who the heck else is going to pull that trigger? Our best hope is that Dundon finally gets some motivation to find an honest to God General Manager who will slap some sense into this front office.

Oh ... and I'd rank Peters' chances of getting hired away to coach another NHL team as roughly zero.

Last edited:
By the time we fired Mo the second time he had been to a Cup Final another Conference Final and had won two or three divisions. Everybody knew he was was going to get a job eventually.

What has Peters won, exactly?

Back