• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin's next move?

lol - no matter what moves MB makes, this club is not going to win a Stanley cup with him as the GM.

I don't think the voices on this board speak for the mass of Hab fans. People are tired of the flawed approached from Berg and the organization. I've posted the list of Stanley Cup champions many times. Nearly all teams that won cups didn't use trades and Free Agency to do so. You're best players are almost always the ones you've drafted.

Posters on this board seem to want to fixate on Edmonton (they will be good very soon) and Buffalo rather than look at Pitts, Chi, LA, Tampa, Detroit, Anaheim, Jersey, etc. --- now Toronto and Winnipeg.

Really only Nashville is the outlier team right now that is good from trades. And like I said, MB isn't gonna become a good GM at this point.

Also, anyone that defends Bergevin at this point should just be ignored.

Bergevin has completely screwed up the last 2 years and should have been fired but perhaps he’s learned from his mistakes. If it was up to me, I wouldn’t be giving him another chance, but maybe he’ll pleasantly surprise us.

I don't think the voices on this board speak for the mass of Hab fans. People are tired of the flawed approached from Berg and the organization. I've posted the list of Stanley Cup champions many times. Nearly all teams that won cups didn't use trades and Free Agency to do so. You're best players are almost always the ones you've drafted.

Posters on this board seem to want to fixate on Edmonton (they will be good very soon) and Buffalo rather than look at Pitts, Chi, LA, Tampa, Detroit, Anaheim, Jersey, etc. --- now Toronto and Winnipeg.

Really only Nashville is the outlier team right now that is good from trades. And like I said, MB isn't gonna become a good GM at this point.

Nashville used their depth of draft riches to make great trades without creating a hole .

They have a good nucleus of drafted players as well . They did a great job since 2013 to build their contender.

The term "insider" should always be taken with a grain of salt. It's more of a marketing term than a reality.

The biggest insider in the industry (Bob Mackenzie) only reports on trades and signings after they have been confirmed. That should tell you how much knowledge these other guys actually have. Nearly everything is based on opinion.

Cup .....at this point a playoff appearance is a start

I'm not saying Habs will make it next year but the fluctuation from one season to the next that certain teams are having is just mind boggling.

NJ, Philly and the Avs were three of the worse teams in the NHL last year and all three are in this year, I didn't have any of these teams making it.

Oilers, Habs, Chicago and Blues go from 100 point seasons to missing the playoffs.

Things are just too unpredictable nowadays

Last edited:
The term "insider" should always be taken with a grain of salt. It's more of a marketing term than a reality.

The biggest insider in the industry (Bob Mackenzie) only reports on trades and signings after they have been confirmed. That should tell you how much knowledge these other guys actually have. Nearly everything is based on opinion.

And the only reason nashville is so successful with trades is that they draft well, especially at defense and flip the guys they drafted for help in other areas. The only time they didn't follow this pattern was with forsberg.

At the end of the day, if drafting and development is bad, youre screwed.

Actually Mckenzie does quite a bit of speculating based on contacts he has around the league as he mentions it.

Pierre Lebrun often cites contacts he has when he makes some comments on possible news stories brewing around the NHL

I would be surprised that Renaud lavoie has the contacts Mczenzie has when trying to dig through a story or rumor

I'm not saying Habs will make it next year but the fluctuation from one season to the next that certain teams are having is just mind boggling.

NJ, Philly and the Avs were three of the worse teams in the NHL last year and all three are in this year, I didn't have any of these teams making it.

Oilers, Habs, Chicago and Blues go from 100 point seasons to missing the playoffs.

Things are just too unpredictable nowadays

A few signing such as PS and some help on D and healthy lineup and we are back in. Price will probably be back to his normal self. I think we should tank again but probably will not happen.

A few signing such as PS and some help on D and healthy lineup and we are back in. Price will probably be back to his normal self. I think we should tank again but probably will not happen.

Who are we going to beat out for the playoffs even with PS or other moves ?

Barring injuries we arent getting out of our division and the WC is our only chance.

After today’s PC laugh-a-thon I will take a wild guess Max for ROR will be the trade to help adjust team “attitude”

Wonder if Mtl would help Radar regain “his love of the game”? LOL

Usually, the coach takes the bullet for team attitude. The Habs are the only org that puts the captain at the same level. #retards

Back