• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin's next move?

CaptainBolduke

Here we are at another critical point for the franchise.

By all accounts Bergy has been thrown a lifeline despite already being the GM for 6 years.

What do you think his next move will be? You gotta think his career depends on the team getting "better" immediately - and that he doesn't care if team is complete and utter shit 2 years from now.

With the current roster makeup, I can see his next move trading Scherbak, Juulsen or Poeling for immediate veteran help. Besides maybe Scherbak, those 3 players don't fit into MB's personal career timeline. And that timeline is a major factor on his decision making process. He's desperate, and will likely be looking out for himself.

With Pacioretty a pending UFA, Galchenyuk all but forsure leaving when he's a UFA and Weber literally on his last leg -- Berg will likely indeed sacrifice any hopes of a competitive franchise going forward. Cause this is his personal last "window."

Last edited:
I expect Pacioretty & Petry will be dealt. Perhaps Galchenyuk as well if right deal comes along.

These playoffs will be interesting, what happens if Avs bounce Preds in round 1 upset? How does 70-year old Poile react in quest fo his 1st Cup and a team that’s precariously approaching cap doomsday? How will STL react to not making the playoffs? How about Stars? Any overreaction? How many teams will?

Last edited:
I don't see Poehling getting traded. SCherbak maybe because of fragility concerns but the kid definitely has talent.

One good thing about this shitty season is that we got a chance to have a look at our young D prospects. A few are not to shabby.

Our D sucks. Badly.

Dahlin would help put people in their proper slots but winning the lottery is a long-shot. 000000

I think Bozovin looks into John Carlson as UFA and possible kick the tires on Erik Karlsson but he'll be bloody expensive. I'd give up our first for him if we don't win the lottery.

I think Bozovin looks into John Carlson as UFA and possible kick the tires on Erik Karlsson but he'll be bloody expensive. I'd give up our first for him if we don't win the lottery.

Karlsson is arguably the best D in the NHL. Not sure i want him though at what he will want

I expect Pacioretty & Petry will be dealt. Perhaps Galchenyuk as well if right deal comes along.

These playoffs will be interesting, what happens if Avs bounce Preds in round 1 upset? How does 70-year old Poile react in quest fo his 1st Cup and a team that’s precariously approaching cap doomsday? How will STL react to not making the playoffs? How about Stars? Any overreaction? How many teams will?

Agreed on all 3 Hab players possibly being dealt . My scout buddy thinks there will be 5 major trades this summer with big names .

Funny you brought up Nashville he still thinks they are missing one key top 6 scorer to win.

He mentioned dont be surprised if they dont win the cup that JT ends up there in a trade for RJ . This way the Isles get something , and Poile gets he true 1C while reducing some cap .

He thinks Kane may also end up there . As he says why not , Kane knows his Hawks are done for years to come .

Poile has the young assets and prospects to make it happen

As he says if Kane would accept a trade why wouldnt he go to another contender , and the Hawks would look great with Fabbro , Tolovanen , plus the cap fillers to make it happen .

Back