• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Quest for the Stanley ****ing Cup

BeLeafer

Regular season is behind us and we now have a team that can legitimately make a run for the Cup.

The ability to draw penalties will be critical, as the Leafs can beat anybody if they get enough opportunities. Two lethal powerplay units is quite deadly and unusual. That said, having four lines that can each score (albeit less so with Leoman in the lineup) is also pretty lethal in a head-to-head match up.

This team is about offense. If they can get competent goaltending and somewhat competent officiating, they'll go deep.

Predictions?

First Cup appearance in over 50 years!

No matter who we play we start Thursday, April 12, 7PM! Just got the update, can't fricken wait!

I'm gonna be having a wee little party with some old pals to kick of the playoffs. Really looking forward to it.

Unbelievable turn around for this franchise since Shanaclan took over. We're official Cup contenders. Every team in the league is intimidated to face Papi and the Leafs.

I have to say though, we'll be playing a great team in the first round and may lose. If that happens I'll try not to be that disappointed as we're a very young team with a large window. It takes time to learn how to win.

I think we advance past the first round, likely get past the second, but maybe fall in the third.

But who the hell knows? The sky’s the limit with this roster. They can beat anyone, so the only question is will they have the fire going throughout.

I think we match up with Boston better than we do with Tampa, and Tampa is a better candidate for getting knocked out by a WC team than Boston imo. If we play Tampa and are able to get by them, there's little chance Boston doesn't win their series, and then we get Boston in the 2nd round. Beating two top 4 teams in the NHL just to get to the ECF is a tall order. But beat Boston, and then get some help by Philly or whoever knocking out Tampa with their shakey defence and goaltending? That's the type of luck we could definitely use if we're going to make a deep run.

DaQq8NRVAAAh6bY.jpg

I see us getting less injured against Tampa than against Boston, but the 'cock is a much better coach that whoever that muppet is in Boston, and Boston won't keep up with us.
I don't see Boston losing to Florida today though, so we'll get Tampa and beat then in 5 or 6. No news on Stamkos yet and he's pretty inconsistent in the playoffs.
**** it, just bring anyone and let's pants them.

I see us getting less injured against Tampa than against Boston, but the 'cock is a much better coach that whoever that muppet is in Boston, and Boston won't keep up with us.
I don't see Boston losing to Florida today though, so we'll get Tampa and beat then in 5 or 6. No news on Stamkos yet and he's pretty inconsistent in the playoffs.
**** it, just bring anyone and let's pants them.

Why are you more concerned with injury against Boston than Tampa?

Tampa's blueline is one big thug after another highlighted by Leaf prospect murderer Jake Dotchin.

Marchand is the biggest injury concern against Boston and he's a ****ing idiot. Let him horse collar or flying elbow Connor Brown and miss the rest of the series. He doesn't pick top talent to go after, he does stupid shit to whoever is in front of him. He's more likely to take out Plekanec than he is Matthews.

The idea that Boston is a rugged, physical team is a legacy reputation.

Can't wait to find out tonight if it will be Boston or Tampa that gets rocked in the first round. Either one is going out in 6 games max.

I like that we've been locked into that #3 slot for a while now, whereas Boston and TB have been blowing their brains out trying to avoid us. We should be fresh and ready to go.

Back