• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Quest for the Stanley ****ing Cup

Marchand swiped at Rielly two-handed like he was holding a mace instead of a hockey stick. The guy has literally no regard for the safety of his fellow player.

Why has nobody destroyed him yet? Like seriously, what are players waiting for?

Not only do you get a dirtbag with intent to injure out of the game, but he also happens to be one of their best players. How come a guy like Polak hasn't lined him up to just take him out?

It's outrageous that they don't even call penalties on him much. That slide into Johnsson is beyond reckless, and someone should be making a stink of it.

Why has nobody destroyed him yet? Like seriously, what are players waiting for?

Not only do you get a dirtbag with intent to injure out of the game, but he also happens to be one of their best players. How come a guy like Polak hasn't lined him up to just take him out?

It's outrageous that they don't even call penalties on him much. That slide into Johnsson is beyond reckless, and someone should be making a stink of it.

put Martin in...

The problem is Marchand wants you to go after him and put your team down. You beat him up and get suspended for 3 games and he is back out there scoring goals and taking runs at guys.

Its a league problem. They let him get away with it.

The problem is Marchand wants you to go after him and put your team down. You beat him up and get suspended for 3 games and he is back out there scoring goals and taking runs at guys.

Its a league problem. They let him get away with it.

I'm not talking about beating him up. I'm talking about a massive hit to the head or knees, or yeah, punching the shit out of his face in a fight.

Anything to just get the guy in line a bit.

I mean, literally ****ing licking the face of another player. How is that in itself not an unsportsmanlike penalty?

Ya back in the day a little dude like him would not get away with the shit he pulls.

Ah the good old days...

[video=youtube;HrrXvNm7y4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrrXvNm7y4k[/video]

roberts-tucker-nolan

LOL

what a line

and yes, the league has to do something about marchand. really ridiculous waht that guy is allowed to get away with.

I can't imagine that Komarov would somehow improve the fourth line.

Especially if Plekanec is the center, and you have two guys with zero puck skills on the same line.

No sign of Leo at practice today.

The lines and pairings are currently unchanged from Monday's game:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
van Riemdsyk-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore-Kapanen
Leivo, Martin

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak
Carrick

Andersen
McElhinney

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Marner
Marleau-Pleks-Kapanen
VanRyk-Bozak-Brown

I'm not sure I'd like to split up Marleau & Marner.

But I do largely like the idea of putting together four good lines.

With the forward depth we've got, there's no need to have the classic, zero-offense 4th line that is a line built around Komarov-Plekanec.

.....by Scoring Chances

Most to Least Lopsided Series:

5v5 play (adjusted for score and venue)

1. WPG 63.9% - MIN 36.1%
2. TBL 59.7% - NJD 40.3%
3. LVK 58.5% - LAK 41.5%
4. COL 58.1% - NSH 41.9%
5. WSH 55.2% - CBJ 44.8%
6. SJS 54.7% - ANA 45.3%
7. PIT 54.3% - PHI 45.7%
8. TOR 50.5% - BOS 49.5%

Most surprising there is probably seeing Colorado hammering Nashville so badly at even strength, but still behind in the series.

Some might be surprised to see that the only true "even" series at 5v5 so far has been the Bruins-Leafs series.

Let's add in special teams to see if some of the surprises dissappear:

All Strengths

1.WPG 60.4% - MIN 39.6%
2.LVK 57.6% - LAK 42.4%
3.WSH 56.0% - CBJ 44.0%
4.PIT 55.5% - PHI 44.5%
5.SJS 54.5% - ANA 45.5%
6.TBL 53.9% - NJD 46.2%
7.COL 51.6% - NSH 48.4%
8.TOR 50.3% - BOS 49.8%

So adding in special teams pretty much evens out that COL-NSH series, so that makes sense.

It also lessens TB's advantage in that series considerably.

But even with special teams included, the BOS-TOR series still looks even so far.

I'm not talking about beating him up. I'm talking about a massive hit to the head or knees, or yeah, punching the shit out of his face in a fight.

Anything to just get the guy in line a bit.

I mean, literally ****ing licking the face of another player. How is that in itself not an unsportsmanlike penalty?

Yep. Someone has to end Marchand. Period. Jacobs has enough pull that the league won't step in, unfortunately.
Leo should not come back in the lineup under any circumstances. We are a much better team without him.

Back