• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

NHL Playoff Prediction Thread: 2017-2018 Edition

Tampa Bay vs. New Jersey — Lightning in 7.
Boston vs. Toronto — Bruins in 6.
Washington vs. Columbus — Blue Jackets in 5.
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia — Penguins in 7.

Nashville vs. Colorado — Avs in 6.
Winnipeg vs. Minnesota — Jets in 7.
Vegas vs. Los Angeles — Kings in 7.
Anaheim vs. San Jose — Ducks in 7.

Oh... that's a thing? I don't really even think about us being the last Candian team as something relevant.

It is for people who cares about bragging rights.

Winnipeg would be cool but I don't see it happening.

I think the Leafs winning would be really good for the Habs (not the fans though). It might take them out of their comfort zone.

I haven't and won't watch any of the playoffs, but I guess i'm pulling for the Leafs or Jets. Would like to see a Canadian team win.

Really anyone but Boston, obviously.

I haven't and won't watch any of the playoffs, but I guess i'm pulling for the Leafs or Jets. Would like to see a Canadian team win.

Really anyone but Boston, obviously.

**** the leafs. Happy they are getting destroyed.

Nothing tastier than the tears of leaf fans. Boston can get taken out by anyone else.

Meh. I have no issue with the Leafs. They've never been a rival in my lifetime.

Hab, Sens and Leaf fans are all annoying.

Not wanting the Bruins to win is a no-brainer.

It's always easy to tell someone who doesn't live in Montreal.

I live in Toronto. I am surrounded by Leaf fans. If you hate Leaf fans, you'd commit suicide here.

Until Toronto and MTL are good at the same time, Boston will always be our top rival (perhaps even regardless).

It's always easy to tell someone who doesn't live in Montreal.

wouldn't it be harder on the guy from Northern Ontario who now lives in Toronto than someone in Montreal where Leaf fans are as few and far between as an English speaker on Haig Street?

wouldn't it be harder on the guy from Northern Ontario who now lives in Toronto than someone in Montreal where Leaf fans are as few and far between as an English speaker on Haig Street?

Considering that Montrealers use Toronto as their measuring stick for everything and have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to that city, something that will never happen with Boston, no.

Oh come on.

The Bruins won the cup in 2012, you didn't commit ritual suicide. Them beating the leafs in the first round is nothing. Meanwhile, after all the good fortune the leafs have had with their lottery luck and prospects panning out, it would be nice to seem them brought back down to earth and realize that maybe their cup parade isn't written in the stars.

Back