• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

It's Been Fun.

Tully78

Except, it hasn't!

Gents, it is with great pleasure and sadness that I officially announce my retirement from the Cap League. Although I did my best to stay as engaged as possible, I have to admit that the format never really did it for me.

Of course, I don't want to get into all of those reasons now, because Cap League is dead to me. But, I would like to thank Ray and all of the others who put an incredible amount of time into making this league possible. I sincerely appreciate you guys doing it.

So, before I take my final Cap League breath, I'd like to quickly go over my accomplishments:

Zero championship victories.
Zero playoff match up victories.
Zero trade victories.
The only team to hold zero draft picks from now until the end of time.
The worst minor league system in the history of any Dynasty League ever.
And, probably a losing record overall.

At least nobody can claim I didn't try my hardest to be the Marc Bergevin or Garth Snow of this league. In that sense, I think I may have actually accomplished something!

In any event, congrats to Awesome Matthews for the victory. Goodnight & godspeed to everyone else.

Best Regards,

Tully

Yeah unfortunately I think this league has run its course.

Just off the top of my head:

• It's a 14-team league and there are at least two managers who haven't logged into Fantrax in months.
• Of the managers who do log in, there are more than one who have admitted H2H isn't for them.
• It's nearly impossible to make a trade of impact. There were five trades made after October 1 and I honestly don't remember having one trade conversation with another manager all season.

We tried our best to put all we could into this league but it's just not fun and I'd say this is a good time to close up shop.

i lost complete interest as well. i think it would have been much better as a weekly league where you had to make the decision to play the better player with less games or the lesser player with more games instead of just having it be about who can log in most and max out their games for the week. that and the confines of the cap making it next to impossible to trade unless you were dealing a guy on a very cap friendly deal pretty much killed it for me

I have an idea for a much better league that I think would be amazing if done properly. I will start another thread about it.

I don't really get the negativity, I liked this league quite a bit. My vote would be to keep it going, perhaps with some tweaking if need be.

Although I will add, with all the turnover and talk of killing multiple of our DYNASTY leagues that everybody should know are long-term leagues, I think I do need to evaluate whether I want to continue going forward if this is going to keep happening.

I think enough people have checked out that this league is done.

Check out the other league I proposed. There are a handful of people interested and I think it will be able to keep people interested.

Would that be a league where we put a lot of time and work into building a team only to have everyone "lose interest" after a couple of years?

Would that be a league where we put a lot of time and work into building a team only to have everyone "lose interest" after a couple of years?

Check out the rules. It looks confusing but it really isn't.

I think it's designed to keep you interested in the building of your team even when it's not competitive. There are RFA/UFA contract escalators and offer sheets that should keep people a lot more engaged.

You also won't be on the hook for a ridiculous contract that real life GM made or be forced to drop someone due to that contract.

Looks like I have around 8 or 9 people interested so far. I think we can get to 16 GOOD managers. Hopefully 20.

Ether daily changes and the app being awful kept me from being able to be active at all.

Couldn't make any roster adjustments from my phone and by the time I get home the games have started.

The old, soon-extinct app is horrible... wish they would've spent their time fixing/updating it instead of going to this new mobile version.

Back