Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody Doing Anything Fun this Summer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anybody Doing Anything Fun this Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by *AH* View Post
    Warren, take a look at this: https://explorepartsunknown.com/buda...y-in-budapest/

It's Anthony Bourdain's view of a perfect day in Budapest. Some of this I've done but much I didn't know about at the time.
    Thank you, sir!

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    Hurricanes angst is too angsty... letís talk vacations

Anybody got any summer plans? Iíll be making my once every two years trip to Uganda this summer to support two separate orphanages and relief programs.

Where are you guys headed?
    My wife and are expecting baby #2 to the family in August...after that, I guess I have a big trip planned to my Urologist for the Snip and Go...does that count as a vacation???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCanes View Post
    My wife and are expecting baby #2 to the family in August...after that, I guess I have a big trip planned to my Urologist for the Snip and Go...does that count as a vacation???
    Congrats ... and condolences

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    Congrats ... and condolences
    Ditto.

Another baby Caniac...

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! But don't tell that to Conner McDavid.
    6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12vx

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The DC ballpark is nice , about the same as other new style parks. There is a lot of building in that area of DC, 3 big office buildings going up right near the stadium. Pretty sure that area was rundown for a while before the stadium was built. We stayed a block from the stadium and it's only a few stops on the green line to the museums and other things to see. Giants won so it was a good trip. We got lucky and there was no line at the archives to see Declaration of Independence and other stuff. Also saw art and the new air and space museum.

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    The DC ballpark is nice , about the same as other new style parks. There is a lot of building in that area of DC, 3 big office buildings going up right near the stadium. Pretty sure that area was rundown for a while before the stadium was built. We stayed a block from the stadium and it's only a few stops on the green line to the museums and other things to see. Giants won so it was a good trip. We got lucky and there was no line at the archives to see Declaration of Independence and other stuff. Also saw art and the new air and space museum.
    But......did you see Ovi bathing in a fountain or drinking beer out of the Cup at 6am????

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

we planned to go to Sat. game but found out it was at noon, so we went Friday night instead. Not many June games are at noon but it was Girl Scout day.

the press box seemed small , it's named for Shirley Povich, the father of Maury Povich. Shirley covered sports for Wash. Post for 50 years. Not many men named Shirley but he's one of them.

BTW Trump says "maybe" as far as the Caps driving down the street to visit the White House.

Post Thanks / Like

To update my plans, we unfortunately had to scrap Budapest from our list of cities for our upcoming Europen trip. Getting from Ljubljana to Budapest was too much of a logistical nightmare.

That said, I'll still get two nights in Ljubljana, three nights in Vienna and four nights in Prague, so I have no complaints. Side day trips to Bled, Slovenia and Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic are also on the itinerary.

Post Thanks / Like

I am heading to my family's 150+ year old cottage on the Quebec/Ontario line in the Outaouis Valley for two weeks. No internet, cell or TV access. It's radio/iPods, reading, floating, swimming, hiking, drinking and eating. The one place I can completely decompress! Heading out with the dogs in early August and I'll be gone for two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlapShots View Post
    I am heading to my family's 150+ year old cottage on the Quebec/Ontario line in the Outaouis Valley for two weeks. No internet, cell or TV access. It's radio/iPods, reading, floating, swimming, hiking, drinking and eating. The one place I can completely decompress! Heading out with the dogs in early August and I'll be gone for two weeks.
    Sounds like heaven. My family have a place outside of Boone, NC sort of like that, and we've been working on renovations for the last 9 months so I haven't been able to get up there. I love a nice little chunk isolation. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the addition! Papa's got a brand new bag, Huh?

I'll also be spending some of this summer at the Urologist, though I'll be delivering some bouncing baby kidney stones in a few weeks.

Mostly I'll be sweating my @$$ off to make money for a Fall dive trip to Grenada and a Winter dive trip to Ambon, Indonesia.

As much free time as possible will be spent fishing from my kayak and going to cheer on my wife as she events her horse in NC, SC, VA, Ga, Md, & Pa..

Jim
    There's a goat in the garden!

Post Thanks / Like

You two should play Neil Young's 'County Home' there over and over after you get out of your mansions on the hill.

Guess what I'm listening to now.
    Keep Music Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJG View Post
    You two should play Neil Young's 'County Home' there over and over after you get out of your mansions on the hill.

Guess what I'm listening to now.
    Ummm ... Ragged Glory I'd say.

Good choice.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlapShots View Post
    Sounds perfect.
    Shape Up or Ship Out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123