• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Anybody Doing Anything Fun this Summer?

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Hurricanes angst is too angsty... let’s talk vacations

Anybody got any summer plans? I’ll be making my once every two years trip to Uganda this summer to support two separate orphanages and relief programs.

Where are you guys headed?

Hurricanes angst is too angsty... let’s talk vacations

Anybody got any summer plans? I’ll be making my once every two years trip to Uganda this summer to support two separate orphanages and relief programs.

Where are you guys headed?

My wife will be spending ten days in and around Ljubljana, Slovenia for graduate school in late June/early July. I’ll be meeting up with her there near the end of her visit and we are tentatively planning on going on from there to Budapest, Vienna and Prague.

Many of you know I travel like crazy, but 30 years of business travel have never taken me to any of these places!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife will be spending ten days in and around Ljubljana, Slovenia for graduate school in late June/early July. I’ll be meeting up with her there near the end of her visit and we are tentatively planning on going on from there to Budapest, Vienna and Prague.

Many of you know I travel like crazy, but 30 years of business travel have never taken me to any of these places!

Vienna and Prague are on my bucket list and have been for many, many years.

But to answer the question, I may end up in Massachusetts visiting my mother in law or Florida, visiting my father. If I get to Massachusetts, I'd like to spend a couple of days on Martha's Vineyard, where I haven't been in more than 30 years.

Me and the family are heading up the the UP for a week and a half in June. Yay!!! Daylight 'til 11:00. Yay!!! Can't wait.

Work and fun trip to San Diego, Vacation in New Orleans, hoping to get back to Ireland and a few other trips mixed in that will mix business and pleasure. May squeeze a Scandinavia country hopping in as well (but that might have to wait until next year)

I'm staying right here in the gool ol' North State for vacations.

NC Open Croquet Tournament at Pinehurst in May
Beach Week at Holden Beach in June
NC Croquet Club Teams Championships at Linville in July
Beach Weeks at Frisco in August & September

Vaca week in Grand Cayman and getting my son (hockey buddy since 4 years old) ready for college this fall at ECU. Bitter sweet for this dad.

Vaca week in Grand Cayman and getting my son (hockey buddy since 4 years old) ready for college this fall at ECU. Bitter sweet for this dad.

Was just in Grand Cayman for the first time in February. My wife and I loved it so much we booked it again for next February!

Beautiful place, great restaurants and we've always found the locals to be very friendly and helpful (not always the case with our experience on other "islands"). Worth saving my pennies for. Hope you got to see all those stingrays. :)
Was just in Grand Cayman for the first time in February. My wife and I loved it so much we booked it again for next February!

Our family will be visiting my sister-in-law near Dallas in July. Will be attending a Rangers game and touring Cowboys Stadium.

Dallas in July...bringing your SCUBA equipment? My only trip there was in July and the humidity was so bad, I thought I was going to drown.

Lovely. I’m light on Eastern European experiences myself. I’ve got a chance to be included in a company training trip that would include a river cruise from Prague to Berlin. I’m hoping that will work out for 2019 although I’d have to bail on an Alaska trip that summer

Work and fun trip to San Diego, Vacation in New Orleans, hoping to get back to Ireland and a few other trips mixed in that will mix business and pleasure. May squeeze a Scandinavia country hopping in as well (but that might have to wait until next year)

I love each and every one of those options. Enjoy

Back