Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    A team with the Leafs resources should have an algorithm scraping all available camera angles concurrently, that automatically generates a ****ing percentage chance that the play will be overturned.
    LOL. This 100%

"We didn't get the replay in time" is not a valid excuse for this franchise.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

Well, Philly came back on the road and won game #2 against the Pens 4-1 tonight, after getting blitzed 7-0 in the opener.

A little encouragement for Leaf fans in that, perhaps.
    ďIíll trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players.Ē - Conn Smythe

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. As good as the Bruins played last night we made them look even better.

They won't roll over and die that easy

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it happening. Losing Kadri is a real big problem. Have you seen the way these other forward lines defend?

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the Bruins overrated big men like Backes and RickNash were really throwing their weight around yesterday and having more impact than we'd care to admit. Like someone else said, our skill guys are going to have to put on their big boy pants for us to have a chance of winning the series.

Post Thanks / Like

lemme see if I can add up how each guy has done against the bergy line so far:

Rielly: Bergeron 8:02, 16.0cf% / Marchand 8:43, 22.2cf% / Pastrnak 9:16, 22.2cf%
    Hainsey: Bergeron 8:20, 42.9cf% / Marchand 8:32, 38.1cf% / Pastrnak 8:51, 50.0cf%

Gardiner: Bergeron 9:35, 32.0cf% / Marchand 9:52, 33.3cf% / Pastrnak 10:34, 41.4cf%
    Zaitsev: Bergeron 8:01, 37.5cf% / Marchand 9:02, 37.5cf% / Pastrnak 8:49, 50.0cf%

Dermott: Bergeron 3:51, 20.0cf% / Marchand 3:34, 33.3cf% / Pastrnak 4:32, 37.5cf%
    Polak: Bergeron 2:29, 0.0cf% / Marchand 2:05, 0.0cf% / Pastrnak 2:22, 0.0cf%

People have been harping on Hainsey and Zaitsev, but I'm really not sure they've been the problem. Quite the opposite, actually.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, come on. Hainsey has been a tire fire.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Series 5v5 Score Adjusted

TOR

47.3cf%
    47.9scf%
    48.2hdcf%
    48.4xgf%
    Last edited by zeke; 04-16-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

can you do it by game? the only one where it feels like they really dominated us was game 1. games 2 and 3 felt pretty close (at least the first 40 mins of game 2). want to see how accurate my eye test is.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the numbers say the bruins got very, very lucky in game 2.

my eye test agrees.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    yeah the numbers say the bruins got very, very lucky in game 2.

my eye test agrees.
    the bruins themsleves seem to realize they got lucky in game 2 as well, based on some of their comments to the media.

of course, none of this matters come game 4, but nice to know that the score didn't necessarily reflect the extent of the beat down

Post Thanks / Like

they got a lot of puck luck in game 2, we had a lot of puck luck in game 3. it happens.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

they got as much puck luck last night as we did.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

overall in this series, it's been the left side dmen who have dissappointed, not the right side guys.

Even Strength

Rielly: 17:02, A qoc, 33.0cf%, 34.7xgf%
    Hainsey: 16:08, A+ qoc, 39.6cf%, 43.2xgf%

Rielly has been the one bringing the top pair down - Hainsey has better numbers in tougher usage.

Gardiner: 18:51, A- qoc, 52.0cf%, 52.6xgf%
    Zaitsev: 17:21, B+ qoc, 52.0cf%, 62.9xgf%

Jake with slightly tougher competition, and similar cf%, but Zaitsev with the better xgf%.

Dermott: 14:29, B- qoc, 48.2cf%, 49.6xgf%
    Polak: 15:10, B- qoc, 50.8cf%, 50.5xgf%

Identical usage, but Polak has been better.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

Those numbers definitely match-up with my eye-test.

Gardiner & Rielly were largely a shit-show in the first game especially, and to a lesser degree, the second game.
    ďIíll trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players.Ē - Conn Smythe

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that Dermott has been the 4th PK dman this series, and not for totally insignificant minutes, either. Something my eye test missed.

probably because I cover my eyes during their PPs.
    #FreeVladdyJr

Post Thanks / Like

Leo out for game 4 per Babcock

Post Thanks / Like

Shut him down for the season

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast