• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

Alone at the side of the net. JVR gets credit for shooting it through Rask but Chara does not get credit for shooting it over the shoulder.

JVR was in the middle of the crease, off a rebound.

Chara was 15 feet to the side on the goalline, with no help.

how are these possibly similar?

oh wait - you're talking about the jvr goal where marner passed it to him from the other side of the net, and he had all day to walk right in front, fake a shot, and then roof it.

Alone at the side of the net. JVR gets credit for shooting it through Rask but Chara does not get credit for shooting it over the shoulder.

Well, Chara didn't really put it "over the shoulder"

He banked it off of Freddy's face, which was poorly positioned for the situation.

JVR was in the middle of the crease, off a rebound.

Chara was 15 feet to the side on the goalline, with no help.

how are these possibly similar?

the are similar because they are both soft goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRuVomXwqpk

did not even notice the horrible rebound control on a weak, bad angle shot

also in the same video you can see that chara is not 15 feet away

like i said... soft not super soft

but i get it

when leafs score it is because of skill

Let's hear everyone's view on this prior to Game 7.

Which Leafs have been the top five performers in this series?

1. Marner
2. Zaitsev
3. Gardiner
4. Plekanec
5. Brown/Hyman (can't decide)

If anyone suggested this (other than Marner) before the series, I would have request a few pounds of whatever they were smoking.

watching that video looking for the goals you can see how badly rask overplays to the side of his net

leafs should take advantage of that in game 7

1) cross-seam pass (invisible to the goalie), shooter (one of the best in-tight scorers in hockey) walks right in front of the net with time to fake a shot, pull it back, then roof it directly into the net from the top of the crease.

2) defenseman lumbers down to the goalline, takes a waster bad angle shot that goes in off the goalie's head.

1) cross-seam pass (invisible to the goalie), shooter (one of the best in-tight scorers in hockey) walks right in front of the net with time to fake a shot, pull it back, then roof it directly into the net from the top of the crease.

2) defenseman lumbers down to the goalline, takes a waster bad angle shot that goes in off the goalie's head.

cross-seam pass? is that what bozak was trying to do? oh wait - you are thinking of a different goal - go watch the video i posted

but two can play your game

1) bad angle shot from the wall, with the goalie not having an angle, terrible rebound control especially for a weak shot, not making himself big in the net and having the puck go weakly between body and arm

2) seeing eye shot, for 5-6 feet away with traffic in front of the net that fit into a small space

I'm with zeke on this one.

I'm not with zeke on all of them, but this one, yeah.

I don't think Rask has let in any goals that compare to the Chara one, or the Krug one to start game 5.

I'm with zeke on this one.

I'm not with zeke on all of them, but this one, yeah.

I don't think Rask has let in any goals that compare to the Chara one, or the Krug one to start game 5.

krug one i agree

chara for sure though

krug one i agree

chara for sure though

the chara one if freddie was in proper position he literally would not have had to move to make the save...

and I forgot about the first goal of game 3, which may have been the worst of the bunch.

with that said, freddie has been good games 5 and 6 when we needed him.

the chara one if freddie was in proper position he literally would not have had to move to make the save...

and I forgot about the first goal of game 3, which may have been the worst of the bunch.

with that said, freddie has been good games 5 and 6 when we needed him.

not disputing that

if Rask had rebound control or was in proper position he also does not have to move

thought krug was the bad one? the weak unscreen shot from the blueline is the one i am thinking of - just assumed that was krug

not disputing that

if Rask had rebound control or was in proper position he also does not have to move

thought krug was the bad one? the weak unscreen shot from the blueline is the one i am thinking of - just assumed that was krug

there was the krug goal that went over freddie's shoulder to start game 4, and the goal from I think McQuaid that just went right through him on a point shot he could see. was the first goal in game three.

Back