• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

Boston has found a way to neutralize the Matthews line.

It would be great to see them light it up but they seem to have found an answer to our skilled guys while we don't have one for theirs

You can get upset all you want at the kids and their effort level but they have had themselves a pretty tough assignment so far

They will learn and become better players for it

Series Totals

Shot Attempts: TOR 258 - BOS 231
Shots on Goal: TOR 122 - BOS 131
Scoring Chances: TOR 142 - BOS 122
High Danger SC: TOR 42 - BOS 42
Goals Scored: TOR 9 - BOS 17

Matthews/Nylander/Marner: 2gls, 7pts
Bergeron/Marchand/Pastrnak: 6gls, 23pts

Anderson: .880sv%
Rask: .926sv%

pithy enough for ya, beleafer?

That us why I think the series is far from over.

Series Totals

Shot Attempts: TOR 258 - BOS 231
Shots on Goal: TOR 122 - BOS 131
Scoring Chances: TOR 142 - BOS 122
High Danger SC: TOR 42 - BOS 42
Goals Scored: TOR 9 - BOS 17

Matthews/Nylander/Marner: 2gls, 7pts
Bergeron/Marchand/Pastrnak: 6gls, 23pts

Anderson: .880sv%
Rask: .926sv%

pithy enough for ya, beleafer?

heh, yeah.

In sum, Fred.

Yep. The biggest difference so far is that Rask, Bergy, Marchand, Pasternak have been awesome and Matthews, Willy and Andersen have been the opposite of that. And really you can throw Kadri into that mix as he is also one of our most important players and let the team down big time.

We shouldn't overlook that Rielly has probably been the best dman in the series, and Marner has been ****ing awesome though. Some key stars have stepped up.

Yup. Marner has been great each game, Rielly the last two. Marleau too, and Johnsson and Kapanen have shown a fire exists in their bellies. But it’s tough to pick out any other standouts. The rest have been pretty disappointing on one level or another.

I think Johnsson is legit good, and can replace JVR next year. He won't score 36 goals, but he brings other qualities to the table that JVR doesn't. He is a pretty complete player, and can create offense in multiple ways.

Agreed. Much as I love JVR, he’s too slow to keep into older age. If there was no cap, for sure keep him for his PP presence, and to take a regular third line shift. But with the cap, we can’t give him $7m long term.

Johnsson can bring speed, and forechecking, and fire. Kapanen too. The both of them probably make up at least 30 of the lost 36 together.

We may have to factor on Grundstrom as well next year

He fits the mold of a Babs gudpro. But a little more seasoning in the A won't kill him

I doubt there’s room here, or that they’d let him leapfrog Johnsson and Kappy.

Full year of AHL time would be good for him.

Agreed. Much as I love JVR, he’s too slow to keep into older age. If there was no cap, for sure keep him for his PP presence, and to take a regular third line shift. But with the cap, we can’t give him $7m long term.

Johnsson can bring speed, and forechecking, and fire. Kapanen too. The both of them probably make up at least 30 of the lost 36 together.

Glad you've seen the light on JVR.

His hands and goal scoring ability will always make him an asset, but the question is at what cost.

I think Johnsson is legit good, and can replace JVR next year. He won't score 36 goals, but he brings other qualities to the table that JVR doesn't. He is a pretty complete player, and can create offense in multiple ways.

yeah agreed. quicker on his feet too.

Naz will have something to prove Saturday. Auston isn't going to be held silent forever. I think we take it.

We may have to factor on Grundstrom as well next year

He fits the mold of a Babs gudpro. But a little more seasoning in the A won't kill him
With JVR leaving, I think it helps his cause that he's a left winger, and he also scores a prodigious number of goals within a few feet of the goalie, so you could potentially slide him into JVR's place on the PP. Not to mention that Babcock already considers him to be a RealGudPro.

If Grundstrom dominates in the AHL playoffs and has a good camp, I think he'll start the year with the Leafs next season.

Back