• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT APR 16 2018 - Ali Bumaye

Well, I have to apologize to Babcock.

I thought that elevating Plekanec to the 2nd line and matching him up against Bergeron was something close to a fireable offense. But it worked. That line did a fantastic job of shutting down the Bergeron line all night. Plekanec and Patty played them pretty physically too.

And man, Patty Marleau. What a game he had.

1st star, you guessed it, Fredrik Andersen! You can't make this shit up.

The officiating is just disgusting. How Marchant gets away with punching Freddy in the face with the ref watching the whole this is just shameful. This, right after the dirtball took out Johnsson with similar silence from the officials. Bruins do whatever they like with impunity. I've never seen it quite so bad.

I'm under no illusions that that was the Bruins A-game, but that was far from the Leafs best game, either.

But next game will be tougher than this one. They'll have to step it up again.

Great effort all around. That may have been one of Rielly's best games ever.

And yeah, Pleks-Bergy worked. He stepped up big time tonight. That center depth is what we gave up a 2nd for.

If we ever do win the cup it's just automatic Freddy/goalie conn smythe I guess eh.

The award voters don't seem as stunned as the people who orbit our hockey team. I've never heard Andersen mentioned as a serious Vezina candidate anywhere but Leaf broadcasts.

The award voters don't seem as stunned as the people who orbit our hockey team. I've never heard Andersen mentioned as a serious Vezina candidate anywhere but Leaf broadcasts.

I looked at Molson Cups (3 stars for CDN teams) over a 20 yr period and goalies won the award over 75% of the time. It's an easy star to hand out (easy to remember a few good saves).

By contrast, a skater usually has to put up multiple points to get considered.

Gardiner had an excellent game along with Marner. Those two guys kept the Leafs going when things got tough. All around better effort, though the goaltending is still very worrisome. Let's hope Freddy can build off that excellent third period.

Back