• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT APR 19 - Getting Stronger

Anderson saved the leafs bacon all year. He wasnt to blame tonight. Your right
. One goal isnt going to win it and if the defence take the pass away and let freddie have the shooter than i would bet at least one of those goals dont go in.

Slightly above average goalie this year, worse than almost every goalie for the teams ahead of us.

Nothing he has done this series is a surprise to people who evaluated him honestly.

I really don’t feel we tested Rask much at all this entire series. Why are we praising him? What great stops did he make tonight? I’m just not seeing it. Our D destroyed us the first two games. Our forwards didn’t generate much of anything tonight.

Sure, Freddy didn’t save us, but we’re not going hard to the net, we’re not drawing penalties, we’re just not the rabid skate them into the ground team, other than in game 3. It’s a massive letdown. Blaming the goalie is a cop out.

We don't neee him to save us.

We have handily outchanced the bruins this series.

But he has let in awful goal after awful goal.

Just off the top of my head: Marner breakaway, Marner/Marleau 2 on 1, desperation kick save out of a scramble in front, brilliant positional shoulder save on a Matthews tip...if he's back in his net and not on edge of the white ice (in traffic), it's in the corner.

All of those, plus more. Everyone would be fellating andy beyond belief for those saves.

Rask was solid. There was nothing spectacular. We weren’t giving him our A game. We weren’t driving the net. Even Marner’s breakaway was rushed and he just got off a shot quickly before they caught him. We had like no second chance attempts. Normally Matty and Willy are peppering with successive shots, the other lines are crashing the net. There was none of that. We moved the puck well, but never created much danger. Marner’s line had a bit, Johnsson/Kapanen we’re pretty good, but the Matty and Bozak lines were invisible.

And proof that we’re not generating enough quality chances is that we’re drawing no penalties. A huge part of our game is the PP. We score a ton on them, but even when we don’t, we create momentum that carries over after the penalty. And of course, while we’re on the PP, they’re not scoring on us. Ironically, our one PP tonight was shit, but not every PP clicks. We need more, but we’re not earning them. And not having Kadri doesn’t help.

I do agree that if we have any chance left in this series, Andersen has to be invincible. And Matty and Willy have to be stellar. Otherwise this series ended tonight.

If our D clears the crease, the first one never goes in.

If Gardiner defends the line, or Zaitsev drops and stops the pass, Pastrnak doesn’t get a chance to make an incredible pass.

If Dermott makes the easy play, or Polak times his dives like most any dman, that third goal has no chance. Easy plays all around.

It’s ridiculous to say these are all awful goals on the goalie. It was awful defensive breakdowns, and yeah, he didn’t make showstoppers on the shots, but this loss isn’t on him. It’s absurd you can’t point the finger at our ineffective D.

And we’ve handily outchanced them? Then we should have more goals.

I’ll puke if people start acting like Rask has been amazing. He’s been average. Our guys haven’t posed any challenge.

And we’ve handily outchanced them? Then we should have more goals.

I’ll puke if people start acting like Rask has been amazing. He’s been average. Our guys haven’t posed any challenge.

You would be deeopthroating his schlong for all the great saves he ''s made, if he was a leaf. Breaksways, 2 on 1s, deflections, you name it

But you're right that he's been good, not great.

Unfortunately andy has been horrawful.

You would be deeopthroating his schlong for all the great saves he ''s made, if he was a leaf. Breaksways, 2 on 1s, deflections, you name it

But you're right that he's been good, not great.

Unfortunately andy has been horrawful.

Your Reimer-defense-driven Andy hate is amusing. As are your efforts to paint me as having the same zeal in manufacturing excuses for Freddy.

You don’t hear me saying that Freddy has been the best and beyond reproach. All I’ve said is he’s been fine. You can’t blame these losses on him. The D was atrocious in all of these games. If not for Freddy and the posts, we probably lose game 3 too. Hainsey and Polak have been a horror show, Dermott has been good but has had moments, Gardiner and Zaitsev have been up and down, and Rielly has been terrible the first two and fantastic the last two.

And the forwards just haven’t had the drive to go to the net, and have lacked finish.

It’s just ****ing lazy and stupid to say that Andersen is the cause of our ails. Not even ****ing close.

Your Reimer-defense-driven Andy hate is amusing. As are your efforts to paint me as having the same zeal in manufacturing excuses for Freddy.

You don’t hear me saying that Freddy has been the best and beyond reproach. All I’ve said is he’s been fine. You can’t blame these losses on him. The D was atrocious in all of these games. If not for Freddy and the posts, we probably lose game 3 too. Hainsey and Polak have been a horror show, Dermott has been good but has had moments, Gardiner and Zaitsev have been up and down, and Rielly has been terrible the first two and fantastic the last two.

And the forwards just haven’t had the drive to go to the net, and have lacked finish.

It’s just ****ing lazy and stupid to say that Andersen is the cause of our ails. Not even ****ing close.

Rask is saving breakaways, 2 on 1s, defelctions.... all the things you blame the leafs defense for when your .880sv% buddy fred can't save.

And rask also isn't lettin in bad angle floater after bad angle floater like your .880 buddy fred is.

Andy is making saves too. Stop pretending every shot has gone in.

If Andy gave up the goals Rask did last game, I’d love to hear what you’d say.

The difference is, Rask’s dmen are blocking half the shots we take, clearing the front of their net, pounding on our guys incessantly (see the montage of Chara pushing Matthews around all series long). And their forwards are playing heavy and dirty. Our forwards have also helped out by not creating any grade A chances.

We’re just not good enough. And if you think Andy was somehow supposed to score two goals tonight too, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Andy is embarassing this series. Disastrous.

The only thing more embarassing than freddy this series is the guys who voted him a 1sr star in one of the games.

The leafs have been the better team in 3 of the 4 games this series, but are down 3-1.

The biggest game of the year, and he lets in some weak bad angle floater ON THE FIRST SHIFT.

disgusting.

Can you stop what you don’t see?

It was a shit goal, but he was totally screened.

However bad you want to say Andy has been, fine. But the rest of the team has been worse.

What? The Bruins didn't deserve game 3 at all.

Game 3 was even, imo. Rask was weak for them, and Freddy got bailed out by a few posts.

No matter how you slice it, aside from Marner and Marleau, no one has been good enough. You can’t win like that.

Pittsburgh can’t win with Crosby and Malkin sucking balls. Washington can’t win with Backstrom and Ovechkin not showing up. You simply don’t win in the playoffs without your best players stepping up big. We haven’t gotten that, so we are where we are.

Back