• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT APR 23 - GET EVEN

tenor.gif

I remember watching this and thinking he was getting killed. And then he did that little shuffle and I was so happy.

the b's have been taking little headshots like that the entire series. i think that one got away from backes a little bit but 100% he intended to do it.

He should be suspended but what does he bring besides being a dirtbag? No sweat for the bruins to lose him.

I believe I'm on record for saying Mitch would be the best of the three. At least that's how I remember it.

Kid is just incredible.

Watching Mitch in his last playoff run with the London Knights was out of this world. Just an unreal talent that was light-years ahead of everyone else there.

Since then, I haven't really been able to put a ceiling on Mitch's potential.

At least for this series, it is clear that Mitch is on an entirely different level than the other two.

True dat. But Matty might take center stage in 7. It’s such a Matty thing to do.

I wouldn't rule it out but he's been disappointing in this series. Some ugly gaffs and half hearted play. Needs to pick it up in a big way.

Yeah, Zaits has been very good. It's like the guy we all hoped he would be when he signed that contract suddenly popped out of the box.

I had never noticed how hard he is on opposing players in my hatred for him LeafofFaith. As soon as you pointed that out to me, and I saw clearly what you had seen, I fell in love with the guy. His intense chopping, hacking and bruising is lovely to watch.

I thought he played a marvelous game. Although I do have one request from him. Please crosscheck Backes in the face and Marchand in the nose. Please do it Zaits.

Zaitsev's biggest problem is his lack of a panic threshold with the puck. He has solid puck skills, and can skate with the puck, but he is always to quick to just get rid of it. For example, last night he had time and space and nothing between him and Marner breaking away, but instead of just laying the puck out literally anywhere near Marner he fired the puck as hard as he could down the ice. There were also two plays where Zaitsev made a slick spin move to shake off the Bruins forechecker, however, instead of taking a second to look and make a play he just fired it up the boards right to a waiting Bruin. He had time, and open ice. He could have skated the puck out if he didn't have an outlet.

When he has time and space he justs needs calm down, take an extra second and a look and try to make a play.

He is a solid defensman, but turning over the puck just makes life difficult.

Yup i agree he was bad but i think he can become really valuable for what he is ..... a second pairing dman who can be nasty to play against.
This is still his second season and he was injured for alot of it.
I think he will be fine.
Also i think matthews has the harder matchups than marner and doesnt have a marleau or kadri to pick him up.
Marner has really impressed me with his talent and his heart.
I hope the leafs win in Boston... anderson stands on his head amd the leafs win 4 - 0

Zaitsev's biggest problem is his lack of a panic threshold with the puck. He has solid puck skills, and can skate with the puck, but he is always to quick to just get rid of it. For example, last night he had time and space and nothing between him and Marner breaking away, but instead of just laying the puck out literally anywhere near Marner he fired the puck as hard as he could down the ice. There were also two plays where Zaitsev made a slick spin move to shake off the Bruins forechecker, however, instead of taking a second to look and make a play he just fired it up the boards right to a waiting Bruin. He had time, and open ice. He could have skated the puck out if he didn't have an outlet.

When he has time and space he justs needs calm down, take an extra second and a look and try to make a play.

He is a solid defensman, but turning over the puck just makes life difficult.

Nicely summarized.

Back