• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT APR 23 - GET EVEN

I think Zaits has probably been our most consistent defender in this series.

But, from my eye test at least, Rielly and Hainsey have really gotten stronger as the series has progressed.

Zaitsev's biggest problem is his lack of a panic threshold with the puck. He has solid puck skills, and can skate with the puck, but he is always to quick to just get rid of it. For example, last night he had time and space and nothing between him and Marner breaking away, but instead of just laying the puck out literally anywhere near Marner he fired the puck as hard as he could down the ice. There were also two plays where Zaitsev made a slick spin move to shake off the Bruins forechecker, however, instead of taking a second to look and make a play he just fired it up the boards right to a waiting Bruin. He had time, and open ice. He could have skated the puck out if he didn't have an outlet.

When he has time and space he justs needs calm down, take an extra second and a look and try to make a play.

He is a solid defensman, but turning over the puck just makes life difficult.

I actually agree with this. He could afford to take more time with the puck.

But this is something that would take him from very good to great, and I’m sure he’ll learn it, through experience alone, and having Babs to guide him.

I had never noticed how hard he is on opposing players in my hatred for him LeafofFaith. As soon as you pointed that out to me, and I saw clearly what you had seen, I fell in love with the guy. His intense chopping, hacking and bruising is lovely to watch.

I thought he played a marvelous game. Although I do have one request from him. Please crosscheck Backes in the face and Marchand in the nose. Please do it Zaits.

I’m mystified that no one does it. I don’t understand.

No one even goes after him just to push him around a little after he pulls his shit. Backes elbowed Andy in the head at a critical stage and Polak went after him and ****ing negated our PP, ****ing idiot. But he nor anyone else ever does it to Marchand, a tiny little twerp who’d buckle and get annihilated in any scrap. Why do they not do it??

If I were Marchand, I’d keep doing what I’m doing since no one seems to mind enough to do anything about it. It’s like a misbehaving kid that never gets punished.

Sportsnet just posted a video of Bowen calling key moments of last night’s game and going nuts.

Why can’t we have cheerleader announcers call our games? It would make it so much better to have their emotions in line with ours and make the highs higher and the lows not so low.

It’s seriously not fair.

Sportsnet just posted a video of Bowen calling key moments of last night’s game and going nuts.

Why can’t we have cheerleader announcers call our games? It would make it so much better to have their emotions in line with ours and make the highs higher and the lows not so low.

It’s seriously not fair.

Every other team gets cheerleaders. NBC puts Boston cheerleaders on National television.

I’m mystified that no one does it. I don’t understand.

No one even goes after him just to push him around a little after he pulls his shit. Backes elbowed Andy in the head at a critical stage and Polak went after him and ****ing negated our PP, ****ing idiot. But he nor anyone else ever does it to Marchand, a tiny little twerp who’d buckle and get annihilated in any scrap. Why do they not do it??

If I were Marchand, I’d keep doing what I’m doing since no one seems to mind enough to do anything about it. It’s like a misbehaving kid that never gets punished.

Cherry would agree with you on this. Retaliation penalties are way more common, and the absense of fighting allow little turds like Marchand to get away with everything.

As for Polak stepping up, I think that's what you want. What really should have happened is the refs should have called Backes for 4min and Polak for 2min.. but calling out the refs is getting really old in this series.

Back