• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT APR 23 - GET EVEN

That was some great work in the 3rd. Thats some of the best work they have done to close out a game.

Nice to have Willy back. Completely different team with him firing... and Kadri.

The forwards adjusted and got in position to breakout....they moved their feet. Was nice to see. Win or lose, team grew up a bit this series....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Boston's top line is really, really good. But it's all they have. Shut them down and you win. Keep them honest and you win. Get pumped by them and you lose.

Pretty much.

Nash is an enigma Good hustle, hard to move off the puck but seems to have no finish. Hard to believe he scored 40 a bunch of times.

Really liking our chances in game 7. Insane that we have had to overcome the Bruins, their constant headshots and general thuggery (Chara holding down our guy with not a second look comes to mind...) and the refs too, and are on the verge of advancing to play Tampa Bay. What a team. And even Babs has adjusted his deployments and Freddie back to being Freddie again. 100% of the pressure will be on Boston Wednesday. And I expect all kinds od egregious shit to be allowed against us as well.

Wooooooo... holy what a game.

Plekanec had another good game. Andersen was a rock tonight. He made some huge saves.

Kadri has been a massive boost since coming back.

That was some great work in the 3rd. Thats some of the best work they have done to close out a game.

Nice to have Willy back. Completely different team with him firing... and Kadri.

Matthews got going in the 3rd as well. A bit more of his trademark back pressure. That's when he's going really well, when he's stripping on the back pressure and turning the play around. When he's controlled the puck in a phone booth. We saw a bit of that in the 3rd.

But yeah, if Nylander has woken up, Boston is in a pile of trouble in game 7.

The last 5 minutes of the 1st plus the 2nd were the worst I have seen the leafs play in 2 years. But somehow, even through all the ridiculous giveaways and under all that pressure, they somehow stopped the bruins from getting that many high quality chances actually directed on goal. freddy was great but didn't even have to be spectacular.

And then, out of nowhere, the Leafs give us one of the best shutdown 3rd periods I've seen from them in......christ....decades?

What a messed up game - but dammit I loved it all.

And now it only gets harder from here.

They won this for my birthday. Makes up for May 13th, 2013. My 10th anniversary was that infamous night in Boston. I watched it in Jamaica and got bumbed.

Back