• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MIND BLOWN... AGAIN!

Habs4Life

I recently had the opportunity to have a chat with an individual who was formerly employed by the Canadiens. This person held a fairly significant role. This person was also not fired and holds no grudge. I won't provide the name, so save the keystrokes.

After an obvious conversation regarding PK. A question about what happened with Larry Robinson. This person divulged that the most frustrating moment for them was when Mike Babcock approached the Canadiens FIRST expressing interest in coaching the Habs. After intense internal debate, Bergevin of course chose to stick with his foxhole buddy Michel Therrien.

:explode

What a colossal fúck up. Bergevin doesn't even know how to hit a home run when the ball is on a fúcking tee. Can you imagine if this team was even remotely managed adequately? The coaching staff could have been: Gallant/Babcock/Robinson HELL! Make Muller president!

Nope. Therrien/JJ/Lefevbre joke city.

I recently had the opportunity to have a chat with an individual who was formerly employed by the Canadiens. This person held a fairly significant role. This person was also not fired and holds no grudge. I won't provide the name, so save the keystrokes.

After an obvious conversation regarding PK. A question about what happened with Larry Robinson. This person divulged that the most frustrating moment for them was when Mike Babcock approached the Canadiens FIRST expressing interest in coaching the Habs. After intense internal debate, Bergevin of course chose to stick with his foxhole buddy Michel Therrien.

:explode

What a colossal fúck up. Bergevin doesn't even know how to hit a home run when the ball is on a fúcking tee. Can you imagine if this team was even remotely managed adequately? The coaching staff could have been: Gallant/Babcock/Robinson HELL! Make Muller president!

Nope. Therrien/JJ/Lefevbre joke city.

That is impossible. Nobody wants to come to the Habs....

To be fair, exceptions to the French requirement would be made when attracting world class coaches. Guys like Babcock and Quenneville.

I am not sure if Molson would allow that risk again.

I would like to think it is not the case but I have my doubts.

Of course no promise babcock would have come here anyway. Would the habs have given him 10 years at big money that the leafs did to outbid the sabres?

I am not sure if Molson would allow that risk again.

I would like to think it is not the case but I have my doubts.

Of course no promise babcock would have come here anyway. Would the habs have given him 10 years at big money that the leafs did to outbid the sabres?

I fairly confident that he would be fine with it. There is a world of difference between hiring Cunneyworth and Babcock. Even the press wouldn't be able to say much against hiring someone who's viewed as one of the best in the business.

Don't be fooled, he probably offered his service to half the teams in the league and then went to the highest bidder.

Don't be fooled, he probably offered his service to half the teams in the league and then went to the highest bidder.

He probably had 3-5 serious teams in the running and chose his best " where can I look better " in 2-3 years .

Leafs were dead last nowhere to go but up

Buffalo has a dick of an owner and couldnt see him working there

He probably had 3-5 serious teams in the running and chose his best " where can I look better " in 2-3 years .

Leafs were dead last nowhere to go but up

Buffalo has a dick of an owner and couldnt see him working there

He took the money. Cant say I blame him.

He's a good coach no doubt about it, but there is an hyperbole around him that makes him a bit overrated.

Back