• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Offseason Thread 2018

TSN said word around the league is that he will sign with the Leafs

They backed out suddenly on a few FAs and figure they have him locked down

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

locked down for a while.

the only thing keeping me intrigued is seeing what the contract is.

James Mirtle
‏ @mirtle
7m7 minutes ago

One agent last night said he believes what's happening now with Tavares is just "agenting." Crossing Ts and dotting Is on signing bonuses and contract structure etc. Takes time.

Just get it done, already.

seems like jooris' possession numbers were actually decent before last year, though. so maybe they're thinking he can rebound.

If tavares calls up the leafs now and says no, i would be pissed if i were them. All this time wasted and he could have said no hours ago lol i think some teams will be pissed

Meat for the grinder that is #4 C. Hopefully one of these guys sticks.
The Marlies need replacement centers as well.

They lost regular centers Miro Aaltonen & Ben Smith from this year's team, and no reinforcements are coming from Hunter's drafts.

If tavares calls up the leafs now and says no, i would be pissed if i were them. All this time wasted and he could have said no hours ago lol i think some teams will be pissed

Why? The Leafs are in the drivers seat. Tavares needs the Leafs more (to win) than the Leafs need Tavares. IMHO the money would be better spent improving the D/G situation in Toronto.

Back