• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Offseason Thread 2018

we can dream of a stacked PP1, but I doubt it.

I'm guessing Tavares just slides into JVR's spot.

Tavares

XXXXX ---- Kadri ---- Marner

Rielly

Marleau
Nylander ---- XXXXX ---- Matthews
Jake

with XXXX being a mix of all of Brown, Johnsson, Kapanen, Leivo.

What about down by a goal, 1:20 left in the game.. faceoff in offensive zone..... Andersen pulled

Marner/Tavares/Matthews/Kadri/Nylander/Reilly

I think I remember reading that the Matthews unit was producing a similar number of chances to the year before, their SH% was just down.

Andreas Johnsson accepted his QO today, of 1 year, .787 million

Nylander is currently the only player in the organization without a deal for next year.

Andreas Johnsson accepted his QO today, of 1 year, .787 million

Nylander is currently the only player in the organization without a deal for next year.

Not sure I love that Johnsson deal. I think I would've bet on him having a pretty good year, and maybe given him $1.5M per for three years.

This is the sort of thing we should probably get in front of in order to keep max cap flex in coming years.

Give him $1.5M for a few years, or even a little more, and then save $1M or so per season if he breaks out. If he's wrong and he doesn't have a great season, at least he's got $5M in his pocket. And if we're wrong about him, then only around $600k will go against the cap.

we can dream of a stacked PP1, but I doubt it.

I'm guessing Tavares just slides into JVR's spot.

Tavares

XXXXX ---- Kadri ---- Marner

Rielly

Marleau
Nylander ---- XXXXX ---- Matthews
Jake

with XXXX being a mix of all of Brown, Johnsson, Kapanen, Leivo.

Most importantly, no Leo!

We'll get Hyman on the PP instead.
I don't want that either, but who knows, maybe Hyman breaks out a bit this year. I remember him mentioning last season that he struggled his first couple years of College too before breaking out offensively.

I’m so ****ing excited for next season.

Tavares is a Leaf, and the big 3 plus Kadri and Rielly all in tow. Incredible.

Slightly off topic... I bought tickets to the preseason game Sept 28th and then realized I have to go to a wedding that night.

So I have a pair of standing room tickets available for face value: $18.25 per ticket.

Back