• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes GM Search ... it's Don Waddell (5/8)

bagopux

Mod Note ... Starting a thread for GM talk
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

XM reported that Sabres Assistant GM Steve Greeley will be in Raleigh tomorrow for a follow up interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Peters resigns, search for a new coach is on

He couldn’t get into Wisconsin.

The school with 2 Frozen Four appearances this century?

The women's team, OTOH, has 11 Frozen Four appearances and 4 championships since 2006.

XM reported that Sabres Assistant GM Steve Greeley will be in Raleigh tomorrow for a follow up interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could do a lot worse. I understand Minnesota is close to hiring Paul Fenton, the Nashville AGM and he's a guy I would like to have seen us pursue ... but whatever. Apparently Greeley accumulated a pretty good rep as a player development guy during his time with the Rangers.

Greeley spent a year playing in the ECHL and part of that was in Charlotte. That year was his only pro playing experience.

We could do a lot worse. I understand Minnesota is close to hiring Paul Fenton, the Nashville AGM and he's a guy I would like to have seen us pursue....

We did pursue him. He withdrew from consideration, but not because of the money... likely because better gigs were available.

We did pursue him. He withdrew from consideration, but not because of the money... likely because better gigs were available.

Probably should have said "wish we could get." I think he's going to make a fine GM and is probably the best groomed of the guys who haven't actually had a GM job yet.

Hurricanes GM Search ... dedicated thread

Tell ya what. We're muddling the coaching search talk with the GM talk, so let's start fresh with a dedicated GM thread. I'll move the recent posts from the other thread in here.

Re: Hurricanes GM Search ... dedicated thread

Now that Greeley is back in play, I wonder if we'll be trying to rekindle Mike Futa as well. Anybody hear anything about him since he pulled him name back in March?

Now that Greeley is back in play, I wonder if we'll be trying to rekindle Mike Futa as well. Anybody hear anything about him since he pulled him name back in March?

Futa and Fenton both said they withdrew their names at the time because their teams were active in the playoffs...so Fenton was lying because he is still in the playoffs and is reported to be the next GM in Minnesota and Futa's team is out and perhaps ready to do a full rebuild in LA. I'd take Futa over Greeley every day of the week and twice on Sunday if you had the choice.

Thing is, you can't believe what gets announced to the press when somebody pulls their name out. Half the time it's about something entirely different than whatever's mentioned and sometimes they're actually still in play ... if the money gets right.

Thing is, you can't believe what gets announced to the press when somebody pulls their name out. Half the time it's about something entirely different than whatever's mentioned and sometimes they're actually still in play ... if the money gets right.

And sometimes they were never in play but it's a good way to get their name in the paper.

Poor Ron. Last I heard he was sitting in his car in the RBC parking lot trying to decide if he should work from his Raleigh Home or his vacation home.

That was two weeks ago.

Back