• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Draft Preliminary Thread

Dad's one of the better beer league refs in the area too. Lets the boys play, but knows how to make a good call when needed, can defuse a situation when it gets scrappy out there, will let a captain talk something over with him - basically everything we ask for.

When I coached RYHA back in the day, I remember grumbling "what's this ringer kid doing in house league?" a lot. :)

Weiss reportedly has some wheels and can thread passes. He was stuck behind some more talented guys on the USDT, but had a pretty good showing in the U18 in Russia. He chose the USDT over playing in Sarnia in the OHL.

He's projected as a possible 3rd or 4th rounder. We gots no 3rd if I recall.

Correctomundo. We traded our 3rd rounder to Arizona with Marcus Kruger and got their 4th rounder and Jordan Martinook back, so we have their pick at 96 and ours at 104 overall. We also don’t have a 5th rounder, having traded that to Vegas for Marcus Kruger. But we got Vegas’ 7th rounder in the trade for van Riemsdyk.

Guess he's looking for a real challenge - not just with the team & players but with the entire org.

I know some say Skinner is only a rental in the market, but talk about fan backlash, if he gets traded for picks, or something that's not "great" to the casual eye test.

Even if he's told them no way in hell will he resign, you can't give away your best goal scorer of the last several years.

I know some say Skinner is only a rental in the market, but talk about fan backlash, if he gets traded for picks, or something that's not "great" to the casual eye test.

Even if he's told them no way in hell will he resign, you can't give away your best goal scorer of the last several years.

I agree. I think it would be a mistake to trade Skinner now unless the return was very strong - I don't think you can extend the rental classification to a guy with a year left - this summer. That would be at the deadline. What is he worth at the deadline assuming he's having a decent season? It's gotta be quite a bit more than that now I'd think.

"Can't" turns into "have to" in that scenario. What you CAN'T do is let Skinner walk for nothing at the end of the season.

I really wonder how the Skinner/Brind'amour relationship looks? I feel 99% positive Skinner hated Peters. I can't help but wonder what the current player/coach dynamic looks like. It must not be good. Brindy has had to have had some input on this situation.

I agree. I think it would be a mistake to trade Skinner now unless the return was very strong - I don't think you can extend the rental classification to a guy with a year left - this summer. That would be at the deadline. What is he worth at the deadline assuming he's having a decent season? It's gotta be quite a bit more than that now I'd think.

No urgency now whatsoever unless the deal is simply way too good to pass up. Eric Staal two days before the trade deadline with a no trade list as long as your arm was urgent, Skinner with a good season under Brindy makes way more sense unless someone knocks your socks off this weekend or even this summer!

Back