• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Draft Preliminary Thread

I really wonder how the Skinner/Brind'amour relationship looks? I feel 99% positive Skinner hated Peters. I can't help but wonder what the current player/coach dynamic looks like. It must not be good. Brindy has had to have had some input on this situation.

Again, if the situation is that Skinner is 100% leaving after the season no matter what happens, I don't think it matters what Brindy wants even a little bit. You CANNOT risk losing the plater for nothing. This is not freaking Elias Lindholm we're talking about. This is a proven NHL scorer. You get what you can and you move on.

"Can't" turns into "have to" in that scenario. What you CAN'T do is let Skinner walk for nothing at the end of the season.

Why would you not move him at the trade deadline if he still feels that way? I'm not advocating keeping him and then letting him walk for nothing. I think he's probably worth at least a first rounder at the trade deadline - maybe more... So he's worth substantially more than that now, unless we're talking to Buffalo.

Why would you not move him at the trade deadline if he still feels that way? I'm not advocating keeping him and then letting him walk for nothing. I think he's probably worth at least a first rounder at the trade deadline - maybe more... So he's worth substantially more than that now, unless we're talking to Buffalo.

I think you have to look back at our management situation at the deadline, and take into account Skinner's situation. Francis got fired for a reason, and Skinner didn't fire his agent and replace him with a new heavyweight version until after the season. Stuff went down.

And I don't think you cave and trade him now for just whatever. But at some point, you're going to be forced to do just that. Again ... waiting for the perfect deal is what got Francis fired. Perfect doesn't happen much in this life.

I think you have to look back at our management situation at the deadline, and take into account Skinner's situation. Francis got fired for a reason, and Skinner didn't fire his agent and replace him with a new heavyweight version until after the season. Stuff went down.

And I don't think you cave and trade him now for just whatever. But at some point, you're going to be forced to do just that. Again ... waiting for the perfect deal is what got Francis fired. Perfect doesn't happen much in this life.

Good points.

Maybe peters is looking for a third line checking winger. Maybe skinner and peters can be reunited.

I really wonder how the Skinner/Brind'amour relationship looks? I feel 99% positive Skinner hated Peters. I can't help but wonder what the current player/coach dynamic looks like. It must not be good. Brindy has had to have had some input on this situation.

You assume skinner has the same opinion about Peters you had?

Maybe for a 1st in the top ten, a big fourth liner, and a prospect.

No less.

All the used trucks I have been looking at has put me into getting the best deal possible or walk mood

Last edited:
Pierre LeBrun is reporting that Lindholm's agent and the Canes met abd were unable to come to an agreement-- pretty far apart. He's reporting that Lindholm will be available as well as Skinner. Wonder what Lindholm is looking for and what Dundon's budget is? Is Dundon engaged in these talks as well as the GM?? Lindy was a $2.5 million guy for the past two years and his numbers were better than Rask's. Rask is signed to $4 million per through 2022...

Yesterday LeBrun had Lindy looking for more than 5 million per. I would be guessing that is for at least 4 or 5 seasons.

Say goodbye to him, he won't be with the Canes much longer.

Zadina dropped all the way to the Wings... there were musings that the Canes wanted to pair him with Necas.

Zadina dropped all the way to the Wings... there were musings that the Canes wanted to pair him with Necas.

Those were purely media speculations. We were always taking Svechnikov or trading down. I don’t think there was any real thought otherwise based on looking at the various quotes in hindsight

Back