• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kyle Dubas named 17th GM of the Maple Leafs

I think carlson has pictures on MZ lol

Nope. He's just a 6'3 220 pound RHD free agent with a cannon of a shot who led the NHL in points from a defender this season.

Like I've said a bunch of times. I'm open to other ideas that don't require us to trade one of the Wunderkids. I haven't seen a lot of other ideas, just people doing a poor job of making fun of mine.

Shanny is smart. He hires the best people and lets them do their job. In retrospect he clearly never wanted to be the GM.

But from the sounds of it the Leafs front office is a very collaborative environment and everyone is involved. Its not like either Lou or Kyle are locked in their offices making all the decisions by themselves.

From my understanding of the GM vs president roles within MLSE. Presidents handle the business aspect of the team while GMs have control of the on field/ice/court aspects of the team... this is from my interactions with Bill manning.

Do they act as a sounding board for the GM? Of course but the majority of the rosters and structure is put in by the GM.

Nope. He's just a 6'3 220 pound RHD free agent with a cannon of a shot who led the NHL in points from a defender this season.

Like I've said a bunch of times. I'm open to other ideas that don't require us to trade one of the Wunderkids. I haven't seen a lot of other ideas, just people doing a poor job of making fun of mine.

Lol i mentioned about ristolainian from buffalo .... might cost lilly plus a first

Lol i mentioned about ristolainian from buffalo .... might cost lilly plus a first

I think you're nuts to believe that gets Buffalo to move Risto.

You want Risto, it's going to cost a Wunderkid. 23 years old, huge, already faces top competition and handles himself very well in it.

He's almost on par with Rielly imo. Would you trade Rielly for Brannstrom and a 1st from Vegas?

You said ideas that wont cost one of the 3 ......lol.
With them having the first pick this year too, they will be set with risto and dahlin for the next 8 years.
But would you do it for nylander?

@markhmasters

Leafs GM Kyle Dubas: "I like our D & where it's at. We have some very good d-men on their way ... when I watch the Marlies play, there's a good collection of young d-men there ... there have been teams that have won & gone a long way with the same questions about their teams"

I would almost rather listen to a politician that listen to a GM. At least Burke's pomposity was entertaining. Damn that guy is sporting the worst white mans do of all time now.

Honourable Mention:

Burke_zps17db61bb.jpg

I'm so pumped for this. Honestly think we're going to see some really clever, but sometimes subtle changes.

I believe Dubas learned some very valuable lessons from Lou in terms of culture. Professionalism, contact negotiation, discretion, and gaming the CBA.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Honourable Mention:

Burke_zps17db61bb.jpg

What's crazy is that he's a 60+ year old guy with more than a full head of hair - his hair has hair - and he chooses to do this.

And then add the untied tie around his neck, and what you have is a ****ing hilarious disaster.

Back