• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kyle Dubas named 17th GM of the Maple Leafs

LeafGm

As per usual, the LeafsPR twitter account breaks the news:

t3ki4WR.png

Great! Happy we're sticking with and following another step in the Shanaplan. Excited to see how this changes the Leafs direction and culture.

I think this should also serve as a reminder to everybody to never listen to the Kypreoses of the world about the Leaf front office.

None of these guys have had any idea what's going on inside the Leaf organization since the moment Shanahan took over, and when they say different, they're making shit up for views.

I think this should also serve as a reminder to everybody to never listen to the Kypreoses of the world about the Leaf front office.

None of these guys have had any idea what's going on inside the Leaf organization since the moment Shanahan took over, and when they say different, they're making shit up for views.

+ 1000

dubas will temper babcock's weaknesses, and babcock will temper dubas' weaknesses.

it should bring the team into a nice balance, with cold hard analytics taking the lead but intangibles not being neglected, either.

dubas will temper babcock's weaknesses, and babcock will temper dubas' weaknesses.

it should bring the team into a nice balance, with cold hard analytics taking the lead but intangibles not being neglected, either.

I would think that dubas will have zero input into how babcock and who babcock plays on the ice.
Babcock answers to shanahan .... i think that was part of their agreement when he signed here.
Babcock will have some input into some of the player moves etc.

I would think that dubas will have zero input into how babcock and who babcock plays on the ice.
Babcock answers to shanahan .... i think that was part of thr agreement when he signed here.
Babcock will have some input into some of theplayer moves etc.

babcock can only work with the players dubas gives him.

no more matt martins.

babcock can only work with the players dubas gives him.

no more matt martins.
Yep.

I'm sure Babcock will continue to have a voice in the collaborative decision-making process the Leafs had had under Shanahan, just like he, Hunter, Pridham, Dubas & Lamoriello all have for the past couple of years. But in the end, Shanahan leaves his guys to do their jobs, and player personnel decisions will be up to Dubas (with Shanahan maintaining the final say).

And I suspect Matt Martin himself will vanish like a fart in the wind shortly after July 1st when his bonus money is paid out.

Excellent news!

No surprise for us, of course. I was against making him GM when he first came onboard due to his age and experience at that point. He's since developed great experience and demonstrated his incredible smarts in the development system and Marlies team.

Love to have a guy like this take over and help balance out Babs' stupid reliance on old gudpros. Also think he'll be able to do some great moneyball things to find hidden gems out there to help the Leafs roster this off season.

:joy

Back