• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Summer transfer thread

Did Emre Can not want to re-sign with Pool, I thought he would have been worth something in the transfer market.

I think it was a money issue, Can wanted higher wages. But then Liverpool went out and splashed 40 million for Fabinho and they're about to splash almost 53 million for central mid Naby Keita from RB Leipzig and more for Nabil Fekir.

From what I've seen, Can basically negotiated his way right out of Liverpool. He dug in his heels for more money last summer and the club promptly started to cut their loses. He kid of wasted a season, but at least this way he can call his own shot on where he ends up.

Radja Nainggolan moves from Roma to Inter for €24 million.

Emre Can is in Turin for his medical before his free transfer to Juventus.

Eric Lichaj is leaving Nottingham Forest and is having a medical with Hull

Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid for Juventus. The 2 clubs meet at FedEx Field on August 4.

He had an official release clause of €1 billion, but the transfer fee is reported at €100 million. His contract still had 3 years to run.

https://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2018/07/comunicado-oficial-cristiano-ronaldo

Real Madrid said:
The Real Madrid C. F. communicates that, according to the will and request expressed by the player Cristiano Ronaldo, has agreed to his transfer to Juventus F. C.

Today Real Madrid wants to express its gratitude to a player who has proved to be the best in the world and who has marked one of the most brilliant times in the history of our club and world football.

Beyond the conquered titles, the trophies achieved and the triumphs achieved in the playing fields during these 9 years, Cristiano Ronaldo has been an example of dedication, work, responsibility, talent and improvement.

He has also become the top scorer in the history of Real Madrid with 451 goals in 438 games. In total 16 titles, including 4 European Cups, 3 of them consecutive and 4 in the last 5 seasons. On an individual basis, with the Real Madrid jersey he has won 4 Gold Balls, 2 The Best, and 3 Gold Boots, among many other awards.

For Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo will always be one of his great symbols and a unique reference for the next generations.

Real Madrid will always be your home.

Wonder if Real Madrid are still looking to sell Bale, after that development? If so, they really are shaking things up on their front line.

Bale's status could still be in flux. Real could still go for either Neymar or Hazard. With the current mess at Chelsea, Hazard would be an easy poach.

West Ham signs winger Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund and have applied for a work permit for Felipe Anderson ahead of a reported £40 million deal for the winger from Lazio.

Napoli Chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis says that Chelsea is close to completing a €65 million deal that would bring them manager Maurizio Sarri and midfielder Jorginho, who Man City have been chasing all summer.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...-city-nearing-deal-with-jorginho-napoli-chief

Never sign a guy two years too late?

Maybe? The more I see Leicester, Chelsea and France, the more convinced I am that Kante was the most important player on the 2015-16 Foxes.

Incidentally, Leicester spent £7 million on Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez (£450k for him). They were sold for £127 million. Pretty decent return, no?

Maybe? The more I see Leicester, Chelsea and France, the more convinced I am that Kante was the most important player on the 2015-16 Foxes.

Incidentally, Leicester spent £7 million on Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez (£450k for him). They were sold for £127 million. Pretty decent return, no?

Wonderful business, yes. Especially considering only one of those three is really any good. Mahrez is a competent wing when used correctly. Drinkwater ... there's 25 or 20 guys just like him in the Championship every year. As you say, Kante is the gem of that pile.

I think the hold up was negotiating Sarri's departure fee at Napoli. Honestly, I don't see the point other than Abramovich seems to require fresh meat in that position every so often. Sarri likes basically the same systems that Conte preferred. It'll be a new voice, but saying the same stuff.

Back