Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018 Summer transfer thread

Itís official. Conte is out.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...-antonio-conte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Daley Blind leaving Man U to go back to Ajax for £14.1 million, possibly rising to £18.5 million with add-ons. Mourinho buried him last year, only starting 4 games and appearing 3 others.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tr...arture-to-ajax

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, this is why I haven't gotten to root for the Netherlands in the world cup or euros. Every young player that looked enticing on the past two world cup squads got bought by a club that was too big for them and got buried and never developed. Affelay, van der Wiel, Elia, Blind, Depay, all showed some sort of talent at the world cup and then spent at least a season if not more buried at a club after a transfer. The one positive of missing these tournaments is that our young non superstars will get to stay in the Dutch league and develop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VinatieriDefinesClutch View Post
    Ugh, this is why I haven't gotten to root for the Netherlands in the world cup or euros. Every young player that looked enticing on the past two world cup squads got bought by a club that was too big for them and got buried and never developed.
    Exactly why I think most US fans' obsession with players "developing overseas" is stupid. Develop at the club that's the right fit for you as a player and a human being. I saw van Der Weil as a young player and the thought of a guy with his talent rotting away on somebody's subs bench has always made me a bit angry.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

In his first 2 years at Man U, Blind made 53 league appearances under van Gaal but only 30 in 2 years under Mourinho. I just don’t think he fit into Mourinho’s scheme, he never really settled into a position, moving between DM, center half and fullback.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123