• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Summer transfer thread

The fee breaks the record that Liverpool paid for Alisson by €17.5 million.

Arrizabalaga just signed a new contract with Bilbao in January after Real Madrid sniffed around. The release fee in his old contract was €7.5 million. Now Real Madrid will be paying almost 5 times that for Courtois.

Sky Sports reports that Aston Villa’s new owners rejected Spurs £25 million offer for Jack Grealish and have said he’s not for sale.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1027146812187205638?s=21

Spurs deigned to improve their offer from an absolutely infuriating 15 million to a moderately insulting 25 million. I mean congrats, but you can go pack sand.

And I've read several reports that Villa's new owners are just going to go ahead and pay the FFP fines at some point down the road (a la QPR) while they go about the business of keeping the core of this team together for another run at promotion THIS season. That's a big sea change from just 6 weeks ago when they were in sell to survival mode.

The fee breaks the record that Liverpool paid for Alisson by €17.5 million.

Arrizabalaga just signed a new contract with Bilbao in January after Real Madrid sniffed around. The release fee in his old contract was €7.5 million. Now Real Madrid will be paying almost 5 times that for Courtois.

Yeah ... but buying in a proven keeper like Courtois for a healthy fee is a far cry from paying a 80 million Euro for a kid that only started shaving a couple of years ago ... maybe.

Courtois to Real Madrid is complete. Real Madrid pays £35 million and sends midfielder Mateo Kovacic to Chelsea (who they were pursuing separately anyway) on a 1 year loan. Courtois will sign a 6 year deal with Los Blancos.

Jerome Boateng rejects Man U and signs with PSG for an estimated fee of €45 million.

Leicester sign center back Caglar Soyuncu from Freiburg to a 5 year deal for a €20 million fee.

Bournemouth sends US International Emerson Hyndman to Hibs for a 6 month loan. They also send Australian international Brad Smith to the Seattle Sounders on a 1 year loan, but he can be recalled in January if the Cherries choose.

Bill Hamid will return to DC United on an 18 month loan from Midtjylland in Denmark. He went to Denmark 8 months ago.

The Premier League window closes at noon Eastern time today but they can still sell or loan players to other leagues with open windows. The other big leagues close later. La Liga and Ligue 1 close at 6 pm Eastern on 8/31. The Bundesliga closes at noon Eastern on 8/31. Serie A closes at 2 pm Eastern on 8/17. Clubs in the EFL can sign players on loan until 8/31 even if the deal includes a permanent transfer in January.

Colombian center back Yerry Mina is in Liverpool for a medical ahead of a move from Barca to Everton. ManU had been chasing him too.

Lucas Perez moves across London from Arsenal to West Ham.

Leicester sign center back Filip Benkovic from Dinamo Zagreb.

Barcelona will sign midfielder Frenkie De Jong from Ajax if Ajax doesn’t qualify for the Champions League. If they do, the transfer will be next summer. Ajax drew with Standard Liège yesterday in the 3rd qualifying round with the 2nd leg next week.

Sevilla keeper Sergio Rico is in London for a medical ahead of a loan move to Fulham.

Courtois to Real Madrid is complete. Real Madrid pays £35 million and sends midfielder Mateo Kovacic to Chelsea (who they were pursuing separately anyway) on a 1 year loan. Courtois will sign a 6 year deal with Los Blancos.

Jerome Boateng rejects Man U and signs with PSG for an estimated fee of €45 million.

Leicester sign center back Caglar Soyuncu from Freiburg to a 5 year deal for a €20 million fee.

Bournemouth sends US International Emerson Hyndman to Hibs for a 6 month loan. They also send Australian international Brad Smith to the Seattle Sounders on a 1 year loan, but he can be recalled in January if the Cherries choose.

Bill Hamid will return to DC United on an 18 month loan from Midtjylland in Denmark. He went to Denmark 8 months ago.

Some interesting, and flat out weird stuff in that pile.

I'm still scratching my head over Boateng. Bayern apparently DID decide to cut ties with their long time CB and I just don't see it. I know they like to keep ahead of the age curve in Bavaria, but I've not seen a real decline in the guy. Still ... massive return.

Hyndman is interesting from the USMNT angle if nothing else. He and Lynden Gooch are two guys one age group up from the Young Guns group of midfielders form the most recent U20s group like Adams and McKennie that are being fast tracked by the National team, but they both still have promise. Hyndman just can't seem to break into the senior team at Bournemouth but has impressed on loan spells in the SPL before. I still think he's got game in his legs and I hope he has a good year at Hibs. I'm thinking that's a kid that really needed to go the MLS route, where he surely would have been in somebody's starting scheme by now. Gooch on the other hand is now forcing his way into the starting group at Sunderland now that they've fallen a couple of divisions. He scored in their opener in League 1 ... but again, I really wish he was doing his thing at home against better competition.

Another thing I can't get my head around is Bill Hamid failing to win a job in freaking Denmark. I've seen that guy do his Miles Morales impersonation for DC United for years. He's a quality keeper ... great ball stopper, somewhat erratic with his feet. Maybe he hated the weather? Dunno.

Some interesting, and flat out weird stuff in that pile.

I'm still scratching my head over Boateng. Bayern apparently DID decide to cut ties with their long time CB and I just don't see it. I know they like to keep ahead of the age curve in Bavaria, but I've not seen a real decline in the guy. Still ... massive return.

Hyndman is interesting from the USMNT angle if nothing else. He and Lynden Gooch are two guys one age group up from the Young Guns group of midfielders form the most recent U20s group like Adams and McKennie that are being fast tracked by the National team, but they both still have promise. Hyndman just can't seem to break into the senior team at Bournemouth but has impressed on loan spells in the SPL before. I still think he's got game in his legs and I hope he has a good year at Hibs. I'm thinking that's a kid that really needed to go the MLS route, where he surely would have been in somebody's starting scheme by now. Gooch on the other hand is now forcing his way into the starting group at Sunderland now that they've fallen a couple of divisions. He scored in their opener in League 1 ... but again, I really wish he was doing his thing at home against better competition.

Another thing I can't get my head around is Bill Hamid failing to win a job in freaking Denmark. I've seen that guy do his Miles Morales impersonation for DC United for years. He's a quality keeper ... great ball stopper, somewhat erratic with his feet. Maybe he hated the weather? Dunno.

The Premier League window is closed.

Everton signed 2 from Barcelona; Yerry Mina for 30.2 million pounds and Andre Gomes on loan. They also signed winger Bernard from Shakhtar Donetsk on a free.

Crystal Palace signs Jordan Ayew from Swansea.

Newcastle sign Federico Fernandez from Swansea.

Southampton sign Danny Ings on loan from Liverpool with an obligation to buy next summer for 20 million pounds.

Brighton sign right back Martin Montoya from Valencia.

Cardiff sign Harry Arter on loan from Bournemouth.

Wolves sign midfielder Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht to a season long loan that will become permanent next year.

Huddersfield signs Isaac Mbenza to a season long loan from Montpellier.

Cardiff sign midfielder Victor Camarasa from Real Betis on a season long loan.

Fulham made 5 moves, 3 loans, 2 buys. Keeper Sergio Rico comes on loan from Sevilla, defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah come on loan from Man U, forward Luciano Vietto comes on loan from Atletico Madrid. They signed fullback Joe Bryan from Bristol City. They signed central midfielder Andre-frank Zambo Anguissa from Marseille for 22.3 million pounds pending a work permit.

Spurs make no moves, in or out.

Spurs couldn't have played that any more stupidly if they tried. They danged a low ball offer hoping to unsettle Grealish so he'd push for a move. Didn't work ... so they did it AGAIN in the last week of the window only with a moderately less insulting offer. And Birmingham based reporters are hinting that Spurs never even really reached out to Grealish's agent to make any promises or any of the other traditional "tampering, not tampering" noises.

I mean. Any idiot could see that they wanted him as an insurance No 10 but weren't all that into it if he didn't push for the deal himself. Who falls for that? OK ... plenty of footballers fall for even dumber propositions, but still. Amateur hour.

Spurs are the first club since the summer window started in 2003 to not sign anyone. Arsenal nearly did it 3 years ago when Cech was their only signing.

If they were going to make a lowball offer, they should have done it early in the summer when Villa were seriously staring down administration. Once the new capital came in, the financial pressure lessened and they could hold out as long a Grealish didn’t request a transfer

Last edited:
Spurs have always made their moves late in the transfer market when their lower offers were all that's left on the table. I feel like they may have been the most hurt by the English leagues adopting the earlier transfer end date ahead of all the other leagues. It's going to be interesting if any key players get poached by other leagues at this point when teams can't replace them.

Spurs have always made their moves late in the transfer market when their lower offers were all that's left on the table. I feel like they may have been the most hurt by the English leagues adopting the earlier transfer end date ahead of all the other leagues. It's going to be interesting if any key players get poached by other leagues at this point when teams can't replace them.

Danny Rose wasn’t in the 18 today and there has been considerable speculation that he was headed to Schalke on loan but the Mirror is reporting that he could end up at PSG.

Wayne Rooney to DC United is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight, he tracked back on defense with the DCU net empty, made a tackle and a 50 yard cross to Luciano Acosta for the winner at the death.

[video=youtube_share;pWDwYSkQj5g]https://youtu.be/pWDwYSkQj5g[/video]

Back