Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World Championships Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: World Championships Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
    But....Peters is a great coach. Just ask anyone who isn't a Canes fan. He was just saddled with two terrible owners and a crummy roster. Which is part of why I'd like to see Brindy win with a very similar team. Any success Brindy may have, will be attributed to roster changes, etc. Even if Peters never amounts to squat as an NHL coach. But he has to go. He proved nothing about his ability to lead, in his time here. It's worth a listen to hear Forslund talk about this on the David Glenn show from the 15th. Says Peters lost the room long ago. And his message was tired. (Paraphrased)
    Peters should have been gone at least at the end of last season, and when I read things like this I just can't understand why he was left doing his thing for so long.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Christer, you are exactly right but why he was here for another disastrous season is actually quite simple and easy to understand. Ron Francis was his GM and maybe a part was Karmanos as well. BP snowed RF with his Power point presentations and super-duper plannings than never seemed to work out on the ice. (But that's our fanview) Now, I don't know if Ronnie was awed by the stats thingy that was thought so powerful but that none of them really understood. Karmanos being a computer guy should have but... As I surely don't, I might be all wet there m'self.

We all know what Ron's failing were: he had some vision of a long-term plan that might not have wrought any results in my lifetime and he just could not provide any players that made any great difference. Peter's major failing was that he just could not get through to any of his players and not get anything like the best from them. The Ron and Bill 'Dog and Pony show' should have been gone after two failing seasons. Anyway, that's how I see it!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't put that last season of Peters on anybody other than Karmanos. It's pretty clear that every serious decision went into wait and see mode when he finally got serious about selling the team. As we talked about a LOT around here, that was several years too late in terms of the impact his skinny bank account had on the operations of this club. The craptastic transition period is on Pete. Nobody else.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never forget Karmanos bragging at the State of the Canes town hall meeting during the first lockout about how much money he had. He said he could cover everyone's season tickets without blinking an eye and no one should have any concerns at all about his ability to finance this team and his determination to make it work in Raleigh. He was for the lock out for parity and tired of the whispers that the team would relocate.

Jackass!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ... I really don't begrudge Pete much. I appreciate what he built here, including all of the personal resources he sank into the team. I just REALLY wish he'd have sold up about 3-4 years sooner so his personal financial problems didn't degrade the quality of the club.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

you know things are bad when your kid sues you for money

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    you know things are bad when your kid sues you for money
    Kids. Plural. After you fire one of them from the family business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    Kids. Plural. After you fire one of them from the family business.
    Jason is still happily plugging away in the Pens front office, by the way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123