• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rocket News: Joel Bouchard named head coach, Burrows Assistant

Re: Joel Bouchard named head coach of Laval Rocket

Why ?

Because he's saying them in French ?
- millennials are a special breed

- it’s easier to develop in a winning environment

Yada yada yada 21st century playbook stuff

Have way more confidence in Bouchard then I had with Lefebvre. At least, we know Bouchard is a good teacher and passionate about the job. That's already miles ahead then what we had with Lefebvre.

Have way more confidence in Bouchard then I had with Lefebvre. At least, we know Bouchard is a good teacher and passionate about the job. That's already miles ahead then what we had with Lefebvre.

agreed, Bouchard has earned this job by paying his dues, started as an assistant coach in the Q, became a head coach and worked for Hockey Canada.

agreed, Bouchard has earned this job by paying his dues, started as an assistant coach in the Q, became a head coach and worked for Hockey Canada.

Is if safe to say we got the 2 best Q coaching / managerial candidates the last few weeks ?

Is if safe to say we got the 2 best Q coaching / managerial candidates the last few weeks ?

To be honest, we most likely did get the best two guys out of the Q

However, did we get the two best candidates out there who knows, but what can we do language is a criteria unfortunately

Joel Bouchard named head coach of Laval Rocket

As Cpt Obvious would state - you can’t make filet mignon w chicken s*it.

The one glaring weakness that needs to be addressed, is properly matching drafted prospects w an org philosophy to a style of play. Trying to constantly fit square pegs in a round hole hasn’t & will never work.

If the drafting focus will be on speed & skill, then the style of play will have to match to optimize the drafted talent.

Joel Bouchard named head coach of Laval Rocket

Andrew Zadarnowski
@AZadarski
I hate the "#Habs don't draft from the Q" argument. Looking at the 2006-2015 drafts, excluding the 1st round, only 32% of players drafted from the Q have played an NHL game, lowest of junior leagues. Despite that Habs drafted the most & produced the most NHL players out of that group.
15:23 - 17 mai 2018

Andrew Zadarnowski
@AZadarski
I hate the "#Habs don't draft from the Q" argument. Looking at the 2006-2015 drafts, excluding the 1st round, only 32% of players drafted from the Q have played an NHL game, lowest of junior leagues. Despite that Habs drafted the most & produced the most NHL players out of that group.
15:23 - 17 mai 2018

Does not really matter if the Habs have more LHJMQ draftee game played that any other team.

What matters is to have the best production from said players.

I would be curious to see the stats per team in the NHL in terms of goals/points produced by LHJMQ players.
That would be a better indication of success imo.

4 of the top 10 point producers in the NHL last year have played in the LHJMQ.

And 5 LHJMQ in the top 15.
And out of those 5, 3 could have been draft by Montreal.

Does not really matter if the Habs have more LHJMQ draftee game played that any other team.

What matters is to have the best production from said players.

I would be curious to see the stats per team in the NHL in terms of goals/points produced by LHJMQ players.
That would be a better indication of success imo.

4 of the top 10 point producers in the NHL last year have played in the LHJMQ.

And 5 LHJMQ in the top 15.
And out of those 5, 3 could have been draft by Montreal.

Ya, maybe the complaint should be that the habs draft garbage players out of the Q

He played with the McGill Redmen when I was there. I remember he was really tall and could barely skate, sort of like a John Scott without the fighting.

He also took part in that hockey reality show Making the Cut

Alex Burrows has been named an assistant coach of the Rocket.

Back